Prices of eating out

Asthehills

22 minutes ago, wrighty said:

My youngest works at Bohemian for a shade over minimum wage. Been there over a year. Doesn’t want to work anywhere else even though with the experience she’s gained could probably get a service/barista job anywhere. 

Is she in the Strand St one? The two girls in there are really good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

My youngest works at Bohemian for a shade over minimum wage. Been there over a year. Doesn’t want to work anywhere else even though with the experience she’s gained could probably get a service/barista job anywhere. 

Bohemian , which I frequent often , staff are really nice , friendly and efficient. Also the owner , unlike Costa's  , is really nice . Dont know which your daughter is but nothing but good to say about the staff in both there places. Usually  I'm in Strand street one though.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Is she in the Strand St one? The two girls in there are really good. 

Both, depending on which day of the week. 

It’s a nice, wholesome, family run business. I don’t think the owners are making megabucks, and the fact that they employ several boys and girls is to be applauded. Staff turnover seems to be minimal, so they must be doing something right. 

• Like 2

50p. for a fish???? What? A Sprat?

Get real, even the date reduced in Shoprite are 4-5 quid!!!

We have to realise that more than the cost of the ingredients in putting a dish on your plate?

Did  Cappadocia last night, really good, Turkish, different and they were really busy, full almost. Really good luck to them a different style of food to add to our mix here on the Island!!!

Conversely, when to a chip shop cafe, looked at the chips other diners had in front of them and................. had a Jacket!!!

5 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It’s a nice, wholesome, family run business. I

OK, so that's not, presumably, Passing whatis business, because he doesn't seem to be a very nice person?

I wonder where his business is, I'd like to boycott it!

4 hours ago, BriT said:

They have got the pricing really wrong there. They don’t have the brand or the catchment area to be charging those sort of prices. 

Don't go then. I'd happily travel there to eat and enjoy a night out in Peel. He's got a good following and to be honest the prices are on a par with similar places around the island. 3 courses for 30 odd quid isn't bad really when you consider 20% of that is VAT.

Having just come back from a trip away the prices for food and drink here are not bad in comparison, in fact beer is cheaper here in an equivalent establishment. 

12 hours ago, Roxanne said:

There's a reason certain places are constantly advertising for staff. Without wishing to get myself in trouble, the reason the Trawlerman is constantly advertising is for one reason only, and it's not their fish. It's also why they have to pay an increased rate in order to attract staff. In a small town, there are only so many new people coming up looking for work and for £11 an hour, they'd probably choose to work somewhere that treats their staff and customers with respect. In fact, somewhere like that could probably pay even less than £11 an hour and retain their staff. There's a local cafe that opened two years ago and who haven't kept one single member of staff since inception and most of the ones they do employ look as if they're about 11 years old. They've lost their staff, they've lost their chef and they've lost their custom. Now, in summer, they're only open three days a week.  Look on their Instagram page and it looks glorious - but - there's something wrong - and again - it's not the fish

Could you give a clue about the name? I want to add it to my avoid list..

6 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Don't go then. I'd happily travel there to eat and enjoy a night out in Peel. He's got a good following and to be honest the prices are on a par with similar places around the island. 3 courses for 30 odd quid isn't bad really when you consider 20% of that is VAT.

Having just come back from a trip away the prices for food and drink here are not bad in comparison, in fact beer is cheaper here in an equivalent establishment. 

Yes  agree that prices have significantly gone up in the UK as well 

Another thing is that many places have changed their menu to redice costs 

Many beef items are off the menu and chicken and sometimes pork is in.

2 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Yes  agree that prices have significantly gone up in the UK as well 

Another thing is that many places have changed their menu to redice costs 

Many beef items are off the menu and chicken and sometimes pork is in.

Prices not gone up much in wetherspoons, pint of Stella £3.20 , advertising mixed grill including chips for £9.99 !!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

Prices not gone up much in wetherspoons, pint of Stella £3.20 , advertising mixed grill including chips for £9.99 !!

Give my money to the quite disgusting Tim "Get rid of the f~cking tariffs and brexit works" Martin - no thanks...

Although I have to admit that his business model does help bitter old before their time alcoholics to achieve their ambition to shuffle off to an early grave.

Each to their own - but not for me...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1