More empty bull****

Wavey Davey

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

The affluent will spend it in the bistros, the coffee shops eg - Noa and Cycle 360………….. which is probably what IOMG want. Some poor will spend it in Spar on drink and cigarettes, whilst some will use it to put electric credit  on their prepayment meter or use it to pay their gas bill, or use it towards to buy the kids some new shoes for school. 

Speaking of supporting business, it's curious how we always find money to bail out the sefton.  As soon as they knock on the lodge door I am sure business support will be offered.

Did we ever find out how much the new art district and refurb outside the sefton cost the tax payer?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

Speaking of supporting business, it's curious how we always find money to bail out the sefton.  As soon as they knock on the lodge door I am sure business support will be offered.

Did we ever find out how much the new art district and refurb outside the sefton cost the tax payer?

I actually think they got round to paying there agreed contribution to DOI/ Government . I will try and find the link but think it was in My Prom minutes .

Just now, Numbnuts said:

I actually think they got round to paying there agreed contribution to DOI/ Government . I will try and find the link but think it was in My Prom minutes .

To be honest while I get the point if I was the Sefton I wouldn’t have paid for any of that three year shit-show on my doorstep. 

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

To be honest while I get the point if I was the Sefton I wouldn’t have paid for any of that three year shit-show on my doorstep. 

The Sefton have done very well thank you out of Government. They seem to have the golden ticket and would love to know why. They agreed ,after requesting certain works to be done , to pay for those works . They wouldnt have dared dodge paying.  

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The Sefton have done very well thank you out of Government. They seem to have the golden ticket and would love to know why. They agreed ,after requesting certain works to be done , to pay for those works . They wouldnt have dared dodge paying.  

That’s fine if they asked for work done. But commercially I would have fought hard not to pay for such a third rate job. 

2 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

That’s fine if they asked for work done. But commercially I would have fought hard not to pay for such a third rate job. 

Again will try and find link later but sure they did as they wanted certain features which were outside the DOI remit but tyey said they would do most of the requirements as long as Sefton paid . 

16 hours ago, joebean said:

Given the Government's record of throwing vast sums of money at ill-planned schemes and being able to find millions to bail itself out of it's self imposed disasters, a package of measures to "combat" the cost of living crisis that has, as it central feature, a £26 million pound loan and a raft of poorly targeted measures that will actually do little for most of us, is really quite pathetic. Sure, as the complacent and arrogant Treasury minister says, the government can't help everyone. It would, however be good to have a Government that was sufficiently savvy to use the money it has efficiently and come up with a proper support package that actually supports the population effectively. What the politicians gathered in Tynwald to supposedly "debate" was, for most of us, the non-event of the year. At best a temporary reprieve from increased energy prices created in part, by the Island's failure to invest in a long-term energy strategy.

There ought to be a simultaneous plan to commence wind turbine installation immediately

57 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Mount Doom also has government investment I believe

Does IOMG now have significant holdings in the two biggest hotels?

On 9/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, SleepyJoe said:

Mount Doom also has government investment I believe

Does IOMG now have significant holdings in the two biggest hotels?

and lots of former employees who have worked themselves into senior places in government , I was in the Sefton this week and its a  tired scruffy  disgrace ,  the Palace is even worse , , you have to ask yourself  just what did they actually do with the significant amount of money they received ,from the government , perhaps Mr Squeekers value for money committee  should be having a closer look , ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Now we can add to the list of bullshit initiatives f**king draught excluders. And six million quids worth at that. Are they all sniffing glue up in Government Offices? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/6-million-to-be-spent-on-insulation-and-draft-excluders/

Obviously most of that is going to go on insulation - which is exactly what a lot of people on MF were calling for.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Obviously most of that is going to go on insulation - which is exactly what a lot of people on MF were calling for.

What happens with people stuck in the existing scheme? One of my kids is waiting for the home energy grant to be approved which would pay for half of the works needed on their house (which is largely insulation). This now suggests they they have £6 million to fund insulation for free. So have the people who have waited a year for the home surveys been taken for a ride? If they’d have waited and done nothing it looks like they might have got free insulation! 

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

What happens with people stuck in the existing scheme? One of my kids is waiting for the home energy grant to be approved which would pay for half of the works needed on their house (which is largely insulation). This now suggests they they have £6 million to fund insulation for free. So have the people who have waited a year for the home surveys been taken for a ride? If they’d have waited and done nothing it looks like they might have got free insulation! 

Left hand not knowing what the right is doing