More empty bull****

Wavey Davey

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Obviously most of that is going to go on insulation - which is exactly what a lot of people on MF were calling for.

The insulation idea sounds ok.  But if this isn't a knee jerk response and it was really part of KLBs work they started in march, why is it only being announced today? It will take the usual months to implement, first lot started in Jan or Feb?

My money is on knee jerk reaction.

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

The insulation idea sounds ok.  But if this isn't a knee jerk response and it was really part of KLBs work they started in march, why is it only being announced today? It will take the usual months to implement, first lot started in Jan or Feb?

It looks like there trying to make amends for the disastrous scheme thats had no people qualifying . Now they have to be seen to be doing something. This scheme seems far more user friendly . Maybe there learning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

Knee jerk is probably an understatement. Another badly thought out cock up on the horizon

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

Knee jerk is probably an understatement. Another badly thought out cock up on the horizon

Another scheme that it will take a year to sort out so it will do fuck all for anyone struggling this winter when it’s being presented as something that will help people this winter. Are they the ones that bought all the Rockwool in B&Q today? 

2 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Another scheme that it will take a year to sort out so it will do fuck all for anyone struggling this winter when it’s being presented as something that will help people this winter. Are they the ones that bought all the Rockwool in B&Q today? 

You'd like to think they went direct to the supplier, but probably 🙄

On 9/23/2022 at 7:22 AM, asitis said:

A friend of mine wasted time money and effort, trying to use the grant system which ended up a complete cock up !

You would think with the thousands of administrators we have working for us, everything Government touch would be slick !

I was solemnly told by someone high in government that the Green Living Grant (which was thrown together pre-election on direction from Boot at DEFA) was given to DfE to administer "because they were experienced in giving out grants".  Of course anyone who knew anything would realise that (apart from giving money to the Sefton) they were completely useless at such admin and all that would happen would be six months of self-important meetings where nothing was decided, followed by a succession of forms and regulations that didn't work.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BriT said:

Has any criteria been published yet on what you need to do to qualify? 

Not that I can see. I’d really like to know what happens to people who have already had an audit under the existing scheme. Do they have to go through another scheme now to get it free? Or will they say well you’ve had an audit done already so here’s the full grant money instead of half the costs? 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was solemnly told by someone high in government that the Green Living Grant (which was thrown together pre-election on direction from Boot at DEFA) was given to DfE to administer "because they were experienced in giving out grants".  Of course anyone who knew anything would realise that (apart from giving money to the Sefton) they were completely useless at such admin and all that would happen would be six months of self-important meetings where nothing was decided, followed by a succession of forms and regulations that didn't work.

It's hard to believe that any Govt Dept would be more experienced at the distribution of free money than DEFA. Ask the landowning community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Driver2020 said:

Been there done that.

Yes , done it myself a few times. Nothing like the feeling of putting your foot through a ceiling and the pain as your meat and two veg manages to straddle  a joist . Had more than numbnuts that day .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2