More visions from planning

Moghrey Mie

On 9/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, Moghrey Mie said:

https://www.gov.im/media/1377118/bg-built-environment-final-1.pdf

Will we ever get a bus station in Douglas?

This is just the same as the Newsons thread. If you look round North & South Quay you’ve got Newsons site, the empty bus station, the empty Middlemarch site on Walpole Ave, the Trafalgar sat rotting away. Two empty dropped plots on South Quay where Starwash was. The gutted apartment block Raj Chatta has left fallow at the Railway. All just sat there hanging. It’s like we’re really trying to make Douglas look as shit as it possibly can be. Yet you have a government conference last week that tells us that 15,000 people are going to come here and that we’re going to make it easier to get planning to build! Someone in Government Offices must be on the crack pipe 24/7! All they’ve delivered is fuck all. 

Edited by Newsdesk
  • Like 2

Be fair to Raj - he was met with bitter obstruction by our government, by planning and other departments. He wanted to do a lot over here and was blocked at every opportunity. I think about it everyday as I pass the old peoples home that he wanted to make into holiday accommodation (by the NSC), that was far more likely to be real than the multitude of grant claiming (often, MHK) farmers turning barns into holiday cottages (later to be sold as private homes - call me cynical).

I wouldn’t blame him if he left things here to rot, he tried and was blocked. You do have to wonder why he was so opposed? Racism? Jealousy? Whoever had it in for him has ultimately cost the Isle of Man big. :( Shame really because I’ve heard he’s a really cool guy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Be fair to Raj - he was met with bitter obstruction by our government, by planning and other departments. He wanted to do a lot over here and was blocked at every opportunity. I think about it everyday as I pass the old peoples home that he wanted to make into holiday accommodation (by the NSC), that was far more likely to be real than the multitude of grant claiming (often, MHK) farmers turning barns into holiday cottages (later to be sold as private homes - call me cynical).

I wouldn’t blame him if he left things here to rot, he tried and was blocked. You do have to wonder why he was so opposed? Racism? Jealousy? Whoever had it in for him has ultimately cost the Isle of Man big. :( Shame really because I’ve heard he’s a really cool guy.

It’s not racism it’s because he’s such a complete twat with everyone. Look at how many derelict sites he owns over the Island? There’s a signature Raj look which involves scaffolding, boarded up windows and shite all over the place. Africa House is a prime example. It was quite a grand house when he bought it, now it’s just a boarded up shit hole. Just like all the other boarded up shit holes he’s “developing”