Mid life political crisis?

BriT

What is Daphne doing seriously? Appearing with her hippy hair and necklace and her empty excuses for everything in this interview with Paul Moulton she looks like she’s been beamed in straight from Woodstock in 1969. This is just a televised middle class mid life crisis surely? She’s done nothing in 12 months and all the energy saving schemes so far have been a total joke.  We raised a £400 million green bond that all our kids will be paying off for the next two decades. How much of that has filtered down to her to not allocate for green causes? About 10% if she’s lucky I’d bet and still nobody gets a green grant after waiting a year. So now she’s got to pad it out for another 4 years talking nonsense about stuff that will never get delivered when she’s clearly already ran out of excuses for everything. She should have her mid life crisis somewhere else not in a £70K a year job to deliver nothing as the Chair of a Climate Change Transformation Board that’s transforming nothing and literally doing nothing. 

Edited by BriT
Question mark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BriT said:

What is Daphne doing seriously? Appearing with her hippy hair and necklace and her empty excuses for everything she looks like she’s been beamed in straight from Woodstock in 1969. It’s just a middle class televised mid life crisis surely? She’s done nothing in 12 months and all the energy saving schemes have been a total joke.  I bet she only got the job as she drives an electric car. We raised a £400 million green bond that all our kids will be paying off. How much of that has filtered down to her to not allocate for green causes? About 10% if she’s lucky I’d bet and still nobody gets a green grant. So now she’s got to pad it out for another 4 years when she’s clearly already ran out of excuses everything. She should have her mid life crisis somewhere else not in a £70K a year job to deliver nothing. 

I'm not keen on critiquing politicians based in their looks and appearance - it doesn't change the end product. 

But purely based on her political performance, Daphne has had an awful 12 months. Full of green diatribe and no end result or firm proposals to show for it  

ETA Although we shouldn't be too harsh as she's had a very tough year... someone emailed her on one of the last 52 weekends. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

I'm not keen on critiquing politicians based in their looks and appearance - it doesn't change the end product. 

It’s the general vibe not the actual appearance. Dippy, hippy, shit of no substance at all. Classic mid life crisis rubbish. 

• Thanks 2

• BriT changed the title to Mid life political crisis?
33 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

But purely based on her political performance, Daphne has had an awful 12 months. Full of green diatribe and no end result or firm proposals to show for it  

ETA Although we shouldn't be too harsh as she's had a very tough year... someone emailed her on one of the last 52 weekends. 

Attention seeking and quite prepared to throw tantrums if not successful blaming others. Probably given the position, as it shifts the problem and gives her an opportunity, should the problem not get resolved, monies spent is spent negligently, then the finger can quite rightly be pointed at her. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BriT said:

What is Daphne doing seriously? Appearing with her hippy hair and necklace and her empty excuses for everything she looks like she’s been beamed in straight from Woodstock in 1969. It’s just a middle class televised mid life crisis surely? She’s done nothing in 12 months and all the energy saving schemes have been a total joke.  I bet she only got the job as she drives an electric car. We raised a £400 million green bond that all our kids will be paying off. How much of that has filtered down to her to not allocate for green causes? About 10% if she’s lucky I’d bet and still nobody gets a green grant. So now she’s got to pad it out for another 4 years when she’s clearly already ran out of excuses everything. She should have her mid life crisis somewhere else not in a £70K a year job to deliver nothing. 

by hippy hair you mean..... her hair down? what absolute madness 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Really? Criticising a politician for their actions or lack thereof is ok but to start this post talking about appearance and making claims of a mid life crisis is low.

It seems another case of double standards on these forums and dare I say misogyny. 

No misogyny at all. I’d have said the same is a man came across like that. Like a lot of people in Garff I’m sick of the endless hippy waffle and lack of action. We must have the two worse MHKs going. An angry Oswald Mosley clone and some daft ex civil servant who thinks that doing precisely nothing but talking nonsense is going to save the planet. 

53 minutes ago, BriT said:

No misogyny at all. I’d have said the same is a man came across like that. Like a lot of people in Garff I’m sick of the endless hippy waffle and lack of action. We must have the two worse MHKs going. An angry Oswald Mosley clone and some daft ex civil servant who thinks that doing precisely nothing but talking nonsense is going to save the planet. 

There really must be something in the water in Garff. Never-mind one day Onchan might parachute Rob Callister in to sort it all out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2