Mid life political crisis?

BriT

Just now, Dirty Buggane said:

He is starting to make Howard look good, and in my view  that is never going to be good for the greater Manx public

I have to say I agree. I like Alf as a person and had high hopes for this Tynwald but they’re just completely piss poor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. But like I said they have no money so no board would recommend even attempting to borrowing more money as the business is not even viable as it stands. The government must take the lead with decisions that are at Island level of magnitude.

You make it sound like Manx Gas - unviable in the prevailing circumstances, a v. serious situation

Time for a Tynwald Sustainable Energy Committee to set the objectives, & tell CoMin what needs to be done

Perhaps Mrs Christian could lead it

1 hour ago, Beyond Belief said:

As a suggestion,  let change the voting system.  I like many others have wanted to vote for a candidate that is not in my constituency, instead I'm stuck with A.C (the shadow) and C.T. Let us vote for those candidates that have credentials.  It's worth thinking about?

Who with any credentials actually stood in 2021 who you would vote for outside of your area? Serious question? You have one of the better ones with CT.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Beyond Belief said:

As a suggestion,  let change the voting system.  I like many others have wanted to vote for a candidate that is not in my constituency, instead I'm stuck with A.C (the shadow) and C.T. Let us vote for those candidates that have credentials.  It's worth thinking about?

A lot of people will still want to have a constituency MHK however.  A better system might be to elect MLCs on an Island-wide basis so people do have the choice there.  Politicians who wanted to represent the whole Island would stand for LegCo rather than a particular seat.  I'd also increase the size a bit to 12 or 14 seats which would mean that instead of having 24 people to get your 9 Ministers from, you'd have the choice of 36 or 38.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

How many more committees do you want to call for? All of whom are doing bugger all and will continue to do bugger all about any of this. 

This & the built environment reform one would be a good start

Wattaperson's Poverty Committee isn't achieving much

Economic Policy Review Committee have their moments

These & others are supposed to hold government to account

The Constitutional Reform Committee is conducting it's affairs in language no one can understand