Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

Works on the pedestrian crossing in Victoria street are starting today and the cab drivers are less than happy. The rank is being moved down a bit to a temporary one which is way smaller. Big kickoff earlier with police in attendance. Twenty weeks of fun ahead. 

67906646-6B60-4794-8053-38D7B4AAB464.jpeg

8DECA086-7611-46D3-A15E-7D2BCA4437A1.jpeg

3C221FAC-2522-4E9B-AB33-87C52E9FA49A.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Works on the pedestrian crossing in Victoria street are starting today and the cab drivers are less than happy. The rank is being moved down a bit to a temporary one which is way smaller. Big kickoff earlier with police in attendance. Twenty weeks of fun ahead. 

67906646-6B60-4794-8053-38D7B4AAB464.jpeg

8DECA086-7611-46D3-A15E-7D2BCA4437A1.jpeg

3C221FAC-2522-4E9B-AB33-87C52E9FA49A.jpeg

Did you get any photos of the kick off?

Can't believe the absolute cockwomble who was convicted of driving his car at someone at the airport and has multiple previous for aggressive behaviour with members of the public appears to be their mouthpiece.

How he's still allowed to be behind the wheel of a taxi I don't know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Typical DOI shit-fest. When will they ever learn. 20 weeks of lost business for self employed taxi drivers just so they can fuck up a zebra crossing. 

Why would they lose business the temporary rank is only 50 yards away & opposite 2 pubs plus outside a new restaurant?

• Haha 2

There’s one trade on the IoM I really couldn’t give a fck about is the taxi trade. They’ve been royally ripping everyone off for the last 20odd years. £60 from Douglas to PE and that was 20 years ago.  F..k em.

(not allowed to swear anymore as I get banned by the FC)

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I hope Mr Mozart will continue with his blog, and provide us with daily photographic proof of the progress being made on this important project.

The rest of you can send to the DoI  daily updates of photos of potholes that are not being fixed.

it would be a more of a spot the difference comp if he took daily pics.

• Haha 1