Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

I don't really see a problem with this job, I can't make an honest decision, of the  seemingly long 20 week period, as I, and nobody else on here, know what the works actually involve. We don't know the details

I do know the 20 Weeks will include a near 4 weeks for Christmas when the works will have to be wound down, 1 week, 2 weeks at least off and another week to get up to speed.

I am sure at the end of the job it will look a lot better and there will be a new bit of work, somewhere else that needs doing that we can all get excited about 🙂

ETA

Amedeus can use these works to continue his crusade of trying to get parking tickets overturned? Who knows, watch this space...............

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I don't really see a problem with this job, I can't make an honest decision, of the  seemingly long 20 week period, as I, and nobody else on here, know what the works actually involve. We don't know the details

The only application on the gov. website dates back to December 2019, and is only for a raised puffin crossing. The application documents are a bit light on technical detail. However, I know that all of you will be particularly interested in the most import aspect - the coloured granite paving stones. Luckily the application does have an image of the paving, and I have attached an image thereof. You will now understand the need for the 5-month period to create this work of public art. Wipe your feet before walking on it.

Screenshot_2022-10-03_19-35-36.png.d13fb21692ce274f651e1db13f25768e.png

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

So the taxi firms weren't consulted and have been relocated from an 8 car rank to a 2 car rank down the road is how I read all the news about this?

What was the row /

There are only 3 things to ever ask a Taxi Driver

Are you free mate ?

Been busy tonight?

How much do I owe you?

Anything else is too much for them - much needed service dominated by heinous opinionated unemployables.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I cannot see anything wrong with the crossing as it is and why would you want a speed bump ?    The public are being warned that it is going to be a tough winter but there is always money for schemes like this……puzzling to say the least.

They’ve got their priorities all wrong yet again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I cannot see anything wrong with the crossing as it is and why would you want a speed bump ?    The public are being warned that it is going to be a tough winter but there is always money for schemes like this……puzzling to say the least.

To quote the former Minister for Fuck Ups (oops sorry infrastructure) "you don't understand" 

18 hours ago, Gizo said:

There’s one trade on the IoM I really couldn’t give a fck about is the taxi trade. They’ve been royally ripping everyone off for the last 20odd years. £60 from Douglas to PE and that was 20 years ago.  F..k em.

(not allowed to swear anymore as I get banned by the FC)

£60 twenty years ago. If you paid that more the fool you. The price was £24 b4 midnight and  £37 afterwards pre-booked. It would have been less from Douglas on the meter from the rank. Nice bit of misinformation spreading there. 

4 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

£60 twenty years ago. If you paid that more the fool you. The price was £24 b4 midnight and  £37 afterwards pre-booked. It would have been less from Douglas on the meter from the rank. Nice bit of misinformation spreading there. 

Fraid not DH. Happened on more than one occasion, in fact when asked to go to Port Erin most taxi drivers completely refused, on one occasion kicked me out of the cab as he wouldn’t go.