Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

If when you can find one prepared to deviate from the prom do they still radio in declaring they're taking their break then trouser the fare?

Edited 17 hours ago by finlo

You do realise that all drivers are self employed and do not work for the service provider? If anything the service provider works for the driver if the driver chooses to use one.  The fares are all 'trousered' less the expenses of the days work. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Barclays picked a good time to erect scaffolding on the hub building, added nicely to the traffic issues.

Yes. Its true and adding to the confusion in the area. To be fair though they probably didn't choose to put up scaffolding for the fun of it. Can we assume that they most likely needed to put up scaffolding because of an issue?

I got a taxi from there last night and I asked the Taxi driver what he thought. He said it was a bit of a pain but the reality was that everyone was managing fine and he didn't know what all the fuss was about. I said he should get on MFs!

Edited by Happier diner

6 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

If when you can find one prepared to deviate from the prom do they still radio in declaring they're taking their break then trouser the fare?

Edited 17 hours ago by finlo

You do realise that all drivers are self employed and do not work for the service provider? If anything the service provider works for the driver if the driver chooses to use one.  The fares are all 'trousered' less the expenses of the days work. 

So nobody worked for any of the taxi firms then? Back in my day 80s/early nineties a run to Ramsey nearly always involved a radio call declaring their break time then radio off for the journey and 40 quid for the privilege!

1 hour ago, finlo said:

So nobody worked for any of the taxi firms then? Back in my day 80s/early nineties a run to Ramsey nearly always involved a radio call declaring their break time then radio off for the journey and 40 quid for the privilege!

They don't work for the taxi firm - they rent a radio off them IIRC

17 minutes ago, yorik said:

Apparently a taxi driver and delivery driver came to blows yesterday when the taxi driver blocked the delivery van in.

Video of the incident around somewhere

Brewery delivery driver and taxi driver scuffled because the taxi driver wouldn't move his car so he could get out.

Video sent to a friend to another friend and then to me. Not sure if it was originally longer.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Brewery delivery driver and taxi driver scuffled because the taxi driver wouldn't move his car so he could get out.

Video sent to a friend to another friend and then to me. Not sure if it was originally longer.

The still looks like he is bending him over and spanking him!! 

30 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

That's more than just handbags though. Silly buggers. Life's too short.