Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's more than just handbags though. Silly buggers. Life's too short.

The Taxi drivers get very possessive of their little area, even when they are meant to share a bit of it. There seem to be quite a few of them who are disabled too, at least they don't mind parking in disabled spots!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The Taxi drivers get very possessive of their little area, even when they are meant to share a bit of it. There seem to be quite a few of them who are disabled too, at least they don't mind parking in disabled spots!

People who park in disabled spaces without a badge should get massive fines & towed away , no matter how long parked there. The spaces are there for a reason & not to be used by lazy twats!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

That's more than just handbags though. Silly buggers. Life's too short.

I've seen another video of the taxi driver from the delivery drivers view, from what I could make out the taxi driver was asking for a "chat" down the side street too. Proper professional driver him. Sorry don't have a link to it, you'll just have to imagine it for now. 

Just now, Gizo said:

Proper shitshow tonight trying to get out of M&S car park. 50 minutes is some record. 

Same when I went down at 1.30. Crazy. Queuing to go into the car park and queuing to leave. The traffic lights down the street weren't helping the congestion. Managed to do a 3-pointer and escape, but it was 20 minutes waiting to move. It'll be even worse nearer to xmas. 

7 hours ago, Banker said:

People who park in disabled spaces without a badge should get massive fines & towed away , no matter how long parked there. The spaces are there for a reason & not to be used by lazy twats!!

Same as people who use the parent and child spaces in tesco, with no child. Or they think it's OK because they have their 17 year old child with them. Really boils my urine and I don't have a child, just plain laziness and ignorance of other people

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hooly said:

Same as people who use the parent and child spaces in tesco, with no child. Or they think it's OK because they have their 17 year old child with them. Really boils my urine and I don't have a child, just plain laziness and ignorance of other people

Not to mention the Disabled parking bays with no badges, Then there is the persons  who's badge it is sitting in the vehicle whilst the able bodied relative/friend goes in and shops away to their hearts content. Have they not read guidelines.

3 hours ago, Hooly said:

3 hours ago, Major Rushen said:

And people parking in EV charging spaces with non EV cars or especially white vans. Too many vans on Isle of Van. Another  £50 on van road tax will plug the pension hole.

3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Not to mention the Disabled parking bays with no badges, Then there is the persons  who's badge it is sitting in the vehicle whilst the able bodied relative/friend goes in and shops away to their hearts content. Have they not read guidelines.

In my experience,  if its not enforced, people will take the ^%$#. 

I have given up being bothered about it. Like disc zones. Waste of signage and printing permits. No one is bothered anymore 

6 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Nobody expected to to be anything different than the usual DOI shitshow. 

The only question was how badly they would fuck up.

Easy solution would be close Victoria st to traffic from Market st to Fort st and reverse the one-way on market st and send the traffic towards Church road marina they can then access the prom or head up Finch road, that way no need for traffic lights as pedestrians can cross the road freely from Duke st .

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Easy solution would be close Victoria st to traffic from Market st to Fort st and reverse the one-way on market st and send the traffic towards Church road marina they can then access the prom or head up Finch road, that way no need for traffic lights as pedestrians can cross the road freely from Duke st .

Think you may mean Thomas St (rather than Market Street)  when you use Market Street first.