Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I would propose, in addition to 'yellow' lines, a 'Red' line marking meaning absolutely 'NO Parking' for whatever reason, for however long!

That sign by the Sefton, they and the other caterers have rear entry ( excuse me!) which can be used for deliveries ( excuse me again!), so is there any need for prom stopping for deliveries??? The roads have been narrowed enough without vans further disrupting the flow when there are alternative delivery modes?

Perhaps in a thousand years time when we are all selfless in our parking, the rules could be revoked???

Why not just observe the double yellow lines . That would save buying red paint.

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why can't we just have common sense. 

We're Huming Beans, we don't do 'common sense'? We do what's best for me? If it inconveniences a fellow citizen, tough !

Strand and Chester sts are 'pedestrian' areas, how often have seen someone picking up a takeaway, the police moving aside to let someone through or a Taxi picking someone up from Brendon O?  6000 million times if you're counting!!!

While 'WE' have this attitude there is little hope of Traffic laws being relaxed??? Nor should they be???

25 minutes ago, Kopek said:

We're Huming Beans, we don't do 'common sense'? We do what's best for me? If it inconveniences a fellow citizen, tough !

Strand and Chester sts are 'pedestrian' areas, how often have seen someone picking up a takeaway, the police moving aside to let someone through or a Taxi picking someone up from Brendon O?  6000 million times if you're counting!!!

While 'WE' have this attitude there is little hope of Traffic laws being relaxed??? Nor should they be???

Bollards!.... thats the answer. No deliveries between 8am and 8pm. Not really rocket science. Put that in the planning rules and/or byelaws so every retailer has delivery location and times agreed. Or use ANPR and dish out fines.

7 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Bollards!.... thats the answer. No deliveries between 8am and 8pm. Not really rocket science. Put that in the planning rules and/or byelaws so every retailer has delivery location and times agreed. Or use ANPR and dish out fines.

Oh yes, make delivery drivers only work shit hours to stop the place looking untidy during the day, thats the answer.

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

There are time restrictions in Strand Street for pedestrian only access. Daytime only. Access to vehicular traffic, in some circumstances, is allowed in certain directions, only at the times shown on the signs. 

11 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Why not just observe the double yellow lines . That would save buying red paint.

Don't you think the crayonistas  have already introduced enough colour  co ordination onto the promenade  without  the introduction of double red lines , , the best thing to happen with the prom now would be for someone  to review all the parking spaces that have  been lost and with very little cost see if more spaces can be re introduced , I recon somewhere between 70 and 100  parking spaces could be re created , and in the meantime  the town centre continues to wither and die due to lack of customers  and the colours on the prom continue to fade !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

Don't you think the crayonistas  have already introduced enough colour  co ordination onto the promenade  without  the introduction of double red lines , , the best thing to happen with the prom now would be for someone  to review all the parking spaces that have  been lost and with very little cost see if more spaces can be re introduced , I recon somewhere between 70 and 100  parking spaces could be re created , and in the meantime  the town centre continues to wither and die due to lack of customers  and the colours on the prom continue to fade !

Methinks you are quoting the wrong person😁

I agree with you

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

You are Tony Brown, I claim my £5.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Are there yellow lines there? The Highway Code section on yellow lines is:

"Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge. You may stop to load or unload (unless there are also loading restrictions as described below) or while passengers board or alight. "

Yes there are double yellow lines. It's the road after the bus stop area outside the Gaiety. 

As double yellows prohibit waiting at any time it meant that people could not  drop off or pick up passengers without breaking the law. Therefore DOI made it legal for people to do this legally. I cannot see how anyone could object to this or take issue with it

The DOI Have done the correct and decent thing for once. Take heart. 👍

• Like 1