Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

This was the scene after 3/4 of a day's work - but, I don't see the likelihood of anything else being done today. No doubt it matches the work plan.

Day 1: cut down two poles. Tick

Chris Thomas will be able to announce that the project is on schedule. It will be next April before you know it, and all will be completed.

output_file.thumb.jpg.d2b45675f10e3901ff8e4f2ba8546ff0.jpg

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't pretend to know what's involved but that does sound extremely excessive? Perhaps it will be one of those miraculous projects "completed weeks ahead of time"?

Close the road for 20 weeks to do maybe 8 weeks (or less) worth of work.  Providing all the planets are aligned, the DOI will complete the project in 15 weeks, and then congratulate themselves on completing the task 5 or so weeks early/ahead of schedule.  

The Isle of Man.  Where you can.  

Edited by Mysteron

16 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Hope they remember to put gulleys in to take the surface water after creating a barrier to its normal progression. I mean they have lots of history with failing in that area. 

My thoughts exactly, feckin' nutcases the lot of 'em.

The question is, will they resurface the rest of Victoria Street as well while they're at it?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This was the scene after 3/4 of a day's work - but, I don't see the likelihood of anything else being done today. No doubt it matches the work plan.

Day 1: cut down two poles. Tick

Chris Thomas will be able to announce that the project is on schedule. It will be next April before you know it, and all will be completed.

output_file.thumb.jpg.d2b45675f10e3901ff8e4f2ba8546ff0.jpg

The slightest drop of rain, and gust of wind, will grind the job to a halt.

17 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

My thoughts exactly, feckin' nutcases the lot of 'em.

The question is, will they resurface the rest of Victoria Street as well while they're at it?

Not a chance , that would add another 6 months plus to the job. Another point is is only 7 or 8 weeks till the main xmas shopping and party season happens so of course the muppets once again disrupt shopping and of course make it even less attractive to visit Douglas. Total morons !!. And if we get a wet wild winter , good luck with that.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Not a chance , that would add another 6 months plus to the job. Another point is is only 7 or 8 weeks till the main xmas shopping and party season happens so of course the muppets once again disrupt shopping and of course make it even less attractive to visit Douglas. Total morons !!. And if we get a wet wild winter , good luck with that.

Yes, the timing is unbelievable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

Give over.

If they did it over the summer you would complain.  If they did it over Easter or TT you would complain.

Which 20 weeks would you prefer they used?

Sorry yes, we're talking DOI aren't we.

What would be wrong in starting the project immediately after TT?