Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

Just now, Andy Onchan said:

So you're happy for it to go ahead during winter with the prospect of days off due to bad weather? 

I didn’t say I was happy or unhappy.  You said the timing was unbelievable and I asked why?  When should they have done it that wouldn’t have given people something to moan about?

Can anyone recall just how many of our elected representatives said that they were going to ensure more accountability and value for money. Yet here we are one year after the election with money being wasted on yet another improvement which doesn’t seem necessary. Why is there a need for a speed calming measure at a location where vehicles are stopped by a red light?. I despair of another three or so years governance by this circus of clowns.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I didn’t say I was happy or unhappy.  You said the timing was unbelievable and I asked why?  When should they have done it that wouldn’t have given people something to moan about?

Would you go out in your garden in the middle of winter to start a major project, knowing full well that the elements would be against you?

The decision to do this project during the winter months makes no sense and defies logic. 

41 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Give over.

If they did it over the summer you would complain.  If they did it over Easter or TT you would complain.

Which 20 weeks would you prefer they used?

Its not a 20 week job . Only in DOI land would it be. It really doesnt or shouldn't take basically 5 months , and counting , to rearrange a crossing that was done not long ago.  Look and see how far they get by Friday and then you will see what the problem is. 

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Its not a 20 week job . Only in DOI land would it be. It really doesnt or shouldn't take basically 5 months , and counting , to rearrange a crossing that was done not long ago.  Look and see how far they get by Friday and then you will see what the problem is. 

Isn't it contracted out? (CCJ mentioned above). The winning tender would generally set the programme, with gov tenders generally restricted mostly to price.

Which would you therefore go for: 

A - pay more for quicker programme (and how much more would be acceptable?)

B - employ larger own workforce/gangs to deliver 

C - accept the market rate of 20 weeks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

So the taxi firms weren't consulted and have been relocated from an 8 car rank to a 2 car rank down the road is how I read all the news about this?

What was the row / bust up?

The taxis are there because some people want, or even need, to use a taxi. What affect will the taxi rank relocation/resize have on the users?

Just now, Two-lane said:

The taxis are there because some people want, or even need, to use a taxi. What affect will the taxi rank relocation/resize have on the users?

I have no idea. I've seen it a number of times where people are stood on the rank and there's no taxis there for them, guess it'll make the Christmas shopping period entertaining..

37 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Would you go out in your garden in the middle of winter to start a major project, knowing full well that the elements would be against you?

The decision to do this project during the winter months makes no sense and defies logic. 

The whole project makes no sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Isn't it contracted out? (CCJ mentioned above). The winning tender would generally set the programme, with gov tenders generally restricted mostly to price.

Which would you therefore go for: 

A - pay more for quicker programme (and how much more would be acceptable?)

B - employ larger own workforce/gangs to deliver 

C - accept the market rate of 20 weeks

The time span DOI would have a input into. The contractor is not going to complain about been given 20 wks to do this job. It was done not many years ago so infrasture /services should be fine. Its a remodelling job thats all. You watch. I will guarantee that it wont be long before theres a shit storm over the length of time and how much is geeting done. 

Edited by Numbnuts