Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

Traffic Chaos in Victoria street DOI vehicle apparently broken down , and traffic backed up in Bucks road , and Ridgeway street, its a no go area at present , there will be lots of yellow labels in M and S tomorrow ! if you can get down Victoria street!

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Fraid not DH. Happened on more than one occasion, in fact when asked to go to Port Erin most taxi drivers completely refused, on one occasion kicked me out of the cab as he wouldn’t go. 

Politely asked you to leave probably. You should have simply moved to the next one instead of letting it fester for 20 years. I can tell you for fact it was £24 b4 midnight add a £5 for a big cab or £34/£35 afterwards. You were robbed. Get over it. There's over 300 drivers in the Isle of Man. That's bigger than most very large companies over here. Tarnishing an industry because one "kicked" (asked you to get out) really explains all I need to know. 

17 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

There are only 3 things to ever ask a Taxi Driver

Are you free mate ?

Been busy tonight?

How much do I owe you?

Anything else is too much for them - much needed service dominated by heinous opinionated unemployables.

Is that all 300+ of us or just a percentage? I am a taxi driver, I'm also a qualified electrician, worked several bars in my life and was assistant manager in a nightclub. I have a successful self catering holiday property on the island amongst other interests. Maybe it's just everyone else apart from me although I know several other drivers that are part of other businesses too. 

Maybe-----just maybe YOU are the henious opinionated unemployable? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Is that all 300+ of us or just a percentage? I am a taxi driver, I'm also a qualified electrician, worked several bars in my life and was assistant manager in a nightclub. I have a successful self catering holiday property on the island amongst other interests. Maybe it's just everyone else apart from me although I know several other drivers that are part of other businesses too. 

Maybe-----just maybe YOU are the henious opinionated unemployable? 

The last time I read such a resumè it was that of Mr Barrie Stevens esq. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

You missed the bit where I said there was 300+ of us. Convenient I guess. 

2nd part was/is a different story but probably should show at least I try and continue to try. 

I believe one of the Vision IOM sessions at the IOMG Conference included an incredulous attack about miserable opinionated airport taxi drivers ‘not being on the same experience journey’ 😂

Just now, Wavey Davey said:

I believe one of the Vision IOM sessions at the IOMG Conference included an incredulous attack about miserable opinionated airport taxi drivers ‘not being on the same experience journey’ 😂

Don't know. Not interested really. 

10 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

I have done my very best in my working life and I mean my very best. I am proud of my achievements as I started off with f-all. I'm out of this stupid normal predictable taxi hating 'debate'. Simply cannot be arsed with it or this forum. So many on here all singing from the same old shit songsheet and dare anyone else disagree you all gang together like schoolkids. Crack on! 

Yesssssssssss - we haven’t had a good Flounce for ages.

They might be your mates, colleagues etc but even the most blinkered must admit there are some shocking wronguns driving cabs.

Start with the family at the bottom of Christian Rd and work forward from there - if you’ve listened while driving you’ll know how low quality some are.

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yesssssssssss - we haven’t had a good Flounce for ages.

They might be your mates, colleagues etc but even the most blinkered must admit there are some shocking wronguns driving cabs.

Start with the family at the bottom of Christian Rd and work forward from there - if you’ve listened while driving you’ll know how low quality some are.

Don't know. Not interested. Really not. Sorry.