Victoria street roadworks

Amadeus

7 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yesssssssssss - we haven’t had a good Flounce for ages.

They might be your mates, colleagues etc but even the most blinkered must admit there are some shocking wronguns driving cabs.

Start with the family at the bottom of Christian Rd and work forward from there - if you’ve listened while driving you’ll know how low quality some are.

It's not good that I am flounced. I'm a decent guy but done after 20 years nearly on this forum I am looking for the close account button on this forum. I love a debate. Hate bullying and nonsensical tarnishing of groups of people. It's not for me anymore. Call it spitting out or whatever you like, but yes I'm pissed that a thread about roadworks became an attack on ALL taxidrivers/owners. I had hoped the forum had moved on over the years. It's got nothing in common with me, that's for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

I believe one of the Vision IOM sessions at the IOMG Conference included an incredulous attack about miserable opinionated airport taxi drivers ‘not being on the same experience journey’ 😂

It was quite comic.  As if taxi drivers everywhere else in the universe were famous for being cheerful, unopinionated and always keen to say how wonderful everything in their country is.  Frankly if I got that sort of soft soap from a taxi driver, I'd assume I had arrived in some sort of mega-efficient totalitarian state or that I was about to be kidnapped and get the first plane back out.

But as usual the important thing was to find someone to blame.  If people have a bad impression of the Island it must be because they are listening to the taxi drivers rather than using their own eyes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It was quite comic.  As if taxi drivers everywhere else in the universe were famous for being cheerful, unopinionated and always keen to say how wonderful everything in their country is.  Frankly if I got that sort of soft soap from a taxi driver, I'd assume I had arrived in some sort of mega-efficient totalitarian state or that I was about to be kidnapped and get the first plane back out.

But as usual the important thing was to find someone to blame.  If people have a bad impression of the Island it must be because they are listening to the taxi drivers rather than using their own eyes.

Taxi driver is not a type, they are people and its an occupation. Some are nice, some are not. 🤣

5 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Politely asked you to leave probably. You should have simply moved to the next one instead of letting it fester for 20 years. I can tell you for fact it was £24 b4 midnight add a £5 for a big cab or £34/£35 afterwards. You were robbed. Get over it. There's over 300 drivers in the Isle of Man. That's bigger than most very large companies over here. Tarnishing an industry because one "kicked" (asked you to get out) really explains all I need to know. 

And there you have it. 

I won't get over it, hope your trade gets royally fooked. 

1 hour ago, Bazza Smurf said:

It's not good that I am flounced. I'm a decent guy but done after 20 years nearly on this forum I am looking for the close account button on this forum. I love a debate. Hate bullying and nonsensical tarnishing of groups of people. It's not for me anymore. Call it spitting out or whatever you like, but yes I'm pissed that a thread about roadworks became an attack on ALL taxidrivers/owners. I had hoped the forum had moved on over the years. It's got nothing in common with me, that's for sure. 

Your magnificent workmate got 3 years for running over and  killing a pensioner, lying, hiding, perverting the course of justice and basically being an absolute boil on the arse of the Island - could have phoned an Ambulance but didn’t- not the kind of colleague I’d like but hey - stick to your narrative - it’s a good club - “been busy tonight mate”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Your magnificent workmate got 3 years for running over and  killing a pensioner, lying, hiding, perverting the course of justice and basically being an absolute boil on the arse of the Island - could have phoned an Ambulance but didn’t- not the kind of colleague I’d like but hey - stick to your narrative - it’s a good club - “been busy tonight mate”

Bit harsh to lump them all in together. Like all GPs aren't serial killer because of Shipman. 

That being said I hear the piece of shit that killed that woman is being given hell by the other residents of Jurby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

TBF a key part of the recent events were the police having to be called to sort out a bunch of taxi drivers who were acting up because they had to move a few feet down the street. Neanderthal behaviour. 

24 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

TBF a key part of the recent events were the police having to be called to sort out a bunch of taxi drivers who were acting up because they had to move a few feet down the street. Neanderthal behaviour. 

Given the quality of person that is their union rep and mouthpiece it's hardly surprising. He's the piece of work who drove his car at someone at the airport and has numerous previous complaints of aggressive and abusive behaviour yet the RTLC still allow him to have a licence. Speaks volumes if that's who they choose to represent them. Care to comment @Bazza Smurf?

11 minutes ago, yorik said:

Given the quality of person that is their union rep and mouthpiece it's hardly surprising. He's the piece of work who drove his car at someone at the airport and has numerous previous complaints of aggressive and abusive behaviour yet the RTLC still allow him to have a licence. Speaks volumes if that's who they choose to represent them. Care to comment @Bazza Smurf?

Isn't there a guy called Mike that is known to be violent and was arrested for harrassing his missus, but still has a licence from the RTLC?

This guy?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-man-harasses-ex-girlfriend-online/

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/999/man-threatened-to-publish-explicit-photos-of-his-ex-229523

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/taxi-driver-convicted-after-threatening-behaviour-at-the-airport-514127

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/man-admits-harrassing-woman/ 

Edited by NoTailT

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Isn't there a guy called Mike that is known to be violent and was arrested for beating up his missus, but still has a licence from the RTLC?

That sounds about right, was keying himself up for an MR interview on Monday when I went pasf

Edited by yorik
Extra bit