10% pay rise nonsense

DNWIFOG

33 minutes ago, WTF said:

who ever replaces putins corpse will want to be selling gas to anybody that will buy it. and it won't be as long as 5 years.

I wouldn't bet on it.  The real danger is that any Putin replacement will be even more nationalistic and aggressive, cracking down on internal opposition even more and blaming the war going wrong on not being hardline enough.  Nothing is more in line with the times than doubling up on your mistakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wouldn't bet on it.  The real danger is that any Putin replacement will be even more nationalistic and aggressive, cracking down on internal opposition even more and blaming the war going wrong on not being hardline enough.  Nothing is more in line with the times than doubling up on your mistakes.

That is a concern, he has murdered or imprisoned any viable alternatives, Navalny seems a good candidate but the established russian elite wouldn't take to kindly to him

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

A good British friend of mine has a couple of businesses, one in Finland and the other in Russia. We had a chat this weekend about the situation in Russia and he suggested that when Puiti goes (which he thinks will be before the end of this year) Russia is likely to break up into independent states as the power base in the Kremlin wages what would amount to a civil war with the younger element of the population and would lose. Ironically this is exactly what the Daily Mail is saying:
1816981106_Screenshot2022-10-0415_50_10.thumb.png.4b9a7402556fed21a0fda30ce986399f.png

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

A good British friend of mine has a couple of businesses, one in Finland and the other in Russia. We had a chat this weekend about the situation in Russia and he suggested that when Puiti goes (which he thinks will be before the end of this year) Russia is likely to break up into independent states as the power base in the Kremlin wages what would amount to a civil war with the younger element of the population and would lose. Ironically this is exactly what the Daily Mail is saying:
1816981106_Screenshot2022-10-0415_50_10.thumb.png.4b9a7402556fed21a0fda30ce986399f.png

He'll hit the nuke button before this happens. He's cornered and has nothing to lose. 

A Russian submarine with nuclear warheads has gone missing......

North Korea fires missiles over Japan.....

Lots more left in Putin yet. He will still be there this time next year.

Still too much money left in this war yet.

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

He'll hit the nuke button before this happens. He's cornered and has nothing to lose. 

I doubt he walks round with a big button in a nuclear suitcase there will be all sorts of controls and other people involved before it got to the point that a strike was approved. It also seems that he’s already decided who will be in his bunker and who won’t be. So some people now know they’re f**ked whatever they do. Sounds like a great way of causing a coup if you ask me - specifying the people who will be protected in the case of a nuclear strike and who won’t be! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

All that is needed is temporary adjustments. Conister are giving people £250PM for the winter months as they know that the inflation is just a spike that won’t have a long term effect. Any employer giving 10% that will be carried in the books forever just because we are going through a spike cause by the end of a pandemic and a fuel crisis caused by a war in Ukraine is mental. It’s also fairer on lower paid workers as if you’re on £20,000 £250PM extra has much more impact than if you’re on £80,000. Government and the taxpayer is being mugged by the unions. 

Conister and a few others are showing the way. There is no way this inflation spike will continue but once government workers get it in pay they’re getting a multiple on that for the rest of their lives. It’s mad. There’s no way we should be paying it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Banker said:

How has this topic about pay rises turned into a debate about Putin & nuclear weapons??

Sorry.

6 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

There is no way this inflation spike will continue

But those high prices will not come down again - they never do. 

• Like 2