How To Steal A Trillion - BBC Radio4 programme

AOR

How To Steal A Trillion 

Jersey is under the spot light in today's episode but our turn will surely come?

I think most of the naughty boys from back in the day have died off now and taken their conscience to their graves and beyond. But leaving their fortunes to swill about of course.

Their offspring, and their offspring's offspring (I was at school with a few inordinately rich kids whose parents and grandparents were at the Isle of Man finance sector's genesis) will surely know where their family fortunes really come from. 

Edited by AOR

Cheers Roger.

May.....we were all so young,

It did ring a bell. I will listen again.

To be fair, the Island always does pretty well in these sort of things. In this respect the much lauded book "Treasure Islands" was a bit of a damp squib, as were "The Panama Papers". It just made me think that these people are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing compared to what really goes on, sort of thing.

1 hour ago, AOR said:

Cheers Roger.

May.....we were all so young,

It did ring a bell. I will listen again.

To be fair, the Island always does pretty well in these sort of things. In this respect the much lauded book "Treasure Islands" was a bit of a damp squib, as were "The Panama Papers". It just made me think that these people are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing compared to what really goes on, sort of thing.

The biggest jurisdiction for money laundering (both in scale and value) is the City.

• Like 2

Indeed Andy, and that is why we get away with it as we do.

I think the Isle of Man has been very good at knowing just how far it can push the boat out. Having a very much on-message judiciary has very much helped the Isle of Man (as has been stated in court by a deemster), and that is one of the areas where the Isle of Man excels in the endeavour for money.