Local bartender wins international award

jackwhite

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

You can now put the letters BSc after your name (Bronze Swimming Certificate)

As a junior in an office I had a response to the guys who bragged about their latest brand new car. I used to tell them I had a Ford BVR. These guys were all mouth and probably didn't have a clue the number of cylinders their car engine had, let alone know what a Ford BVR was ("Hmmm, never heard of that must be a rare sporty type. I won't show myself up by asking exactly what it is"). So they never questioned me further. But a few in the office knew and kept it to themselves with a knowing smile.

In those days, looking through the second hand cars, 'BVR'  stood for 'black vinyl roof', a car ancillary item that was once the latest teenage car drivers' must have ancillary item. Well, it would guarantee the car to go faster and looked so cool you could erm, pull any girl you wanted. Black vinyl roofs were also a sign that a car may have been two crash cars joined together with the black vinyl nicely hiding any joins.

So either way, a bit shit.

So yes, I might use BSc, although I did once work in another place where the boss was found to be lying when his degree turned out to be bogus. Interestingly, he got away with it because the employer, a government department, was blamed in court for not checking the guy's job application fully. 

Edited by AOR

I had a certificate for swimming a breadth 🤣 at Balla I kept it for ages .   They taught you to swim in the day by means of a bicycle tyre and a rope .    Great memories.  My Dad used to take me to the baths in Victoria Street , proper sea water and after to the herb beer shop.  We knew how to live 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I had a certificate for swimming a breadth 🤣 at Balla I kept it for ages .   They taught you to swim in the day by means of a bicycle tyre and a rope .    Great memories.  My Dad used to take me to the baths in Victoria Street , proper sea water and after to the herb beer shop.  We knew how to live 🤣.

The only problem with the Victoria Street pool was the fag ends and other detriment in the pool

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 11:43 PM, AOR said:

As a junior in an office I had a response to the guys who bragged about their latest brand new car. I used to tell them I had a Ford BVR. These guys were all mouth and probably didn't have a clue the number of cylinders their car engine had, let alone know what a Ford BVR was ("Hmmm, never heard of that must be a rare sporty type. I won't show myself up by asking exactly what it is"). So they never questioned me further. But a few in the office knew and kept it to themselves with a knowing smile.

In those days, looking through the second hand cars, 'BVR'  stood for 'black vinyl roof', a car ancillary item that was once the latest teenage car drivers' must have ancillary item. Well, it would guarantee the car to go faster and looked so cool you could erm, pull any girl you wanted. Black vinyl roofs were also a sign that a car may have been two crash cars joined together with the black vinyl nicely hiding any joins.

So either way, a bit shit.

So yes, I might use BSc, although I did once work in another place where the boss was found to be lying when his degree turned out to be bogus. Interestingly, he got away with it because the employer, a government department, was blamed in court for not checking the guy's job application fully. 

No need to take college boys very seriously these folks don't know what is actually happening in the life