Online Tax Return Site down

Max Power

I launched a DDOS on it.  It’s the only reason I post here to infiltrate your browsers to take take down the gov.im site hours before I was supposed to declare my huge tax liability and to buy me a few more months until my TikTok account takes off (or onlyfans, as a backup)

I am impressed with myself that I made it past the night of GTS and that separate security department they have.

Pay me a tenner each and I will bring it back online.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Oh well, that's what I get for leaving it so late. Surely these things are stress tested, not had a problem in previous years?

Glad it's not just me - what do you mean by leaving it late though, the deadline isn't until tomorrow. I thought I'd do it early for a change rather than scratching around tomorrow afternoon, ah well never mind. The trouble is they don't seem to send you a paper one if you are registered online. Some poor sod is going to be busy answering the phone tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Oh well, that's what I get for leaving it so late. Surely these things are stress tested, not had a problem in previous years?

Had the same problem yesterday and today. Called them in the end, new log-in, new password and it was sorted very quickly. The person I spoke with was polite and helpful. Mustn't grumble. 

34 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I launched a DDOS on it.  It’s the only reason I post here to infiltrate your browsers to take take down the gov.im site hours before I was supposed to declare my huge tax liability and to buy me a few more months until my TikTok account takes off (or onlyfans, as a backup)

I am impressed with myself that I made it past the night of GTS and that separate security department they have.

Pay me a tenner each and I will bring it back online.

PM your address and I’ll deliver the tenner personally…

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Banker said:

IOMG should adopt Uk system where a return is not required if you only have a paid employment with no other deductible expenses or additional income. This would save 000s if returns & costs of checking.

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but when did the government do anything that would save money???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2