New Promenade Walkway

Passing Time

you need a surface thats easy to repair , no point in going for a complicated coloured design , if it does get damaged   it looks terrible ,and difficult to match , 

All everyone requires is a nice flat  even surface all along the promenade walkway ,thats capable or taking vehicles at certain times for Christmas parking and other special events , but you watch it will be another exercise  in how much money can we spend , I would love to know who the design consultants are ,and how much their fee is going to be ,  this should be a simple overlay  job  carried out  in house ,!

• Like 11

It needs to be plain and simple for the reasons already outlines. 

We should be given the costs of what they're proposing and the costs of a plain tarmac/concrete (or whatever is the most suitable material) job. 

Both financially and time-wise, this needs to be done on the smallest budget possible. 

The wall makes sense, but the stupid mosaic tiles do not. 

• Like 3

My comments under the Promenade Megathread on 24 Sept:

Who on earth comes up with these "concept drawings" - the promenade walkway is not a bloomin' art installation - all that is needed is a durable, practical surface that will not be damaged by things like the funfair - it should be kept for pedestrians only. If they raise the existing sea wall by 1.2m pedestrians will hardly see anything of the beach - it will be like walking through a tunnel. 

It is time Government put an end to these crackpot ideas and started delivering what the people of this Island actually need. It is Fantasy Island at the moment!!  

• Like 3

Chris Thomas, he may turn out to be the biggest waste of space that has graced Tynwald. Has any of his ideas come to fruition, and if so what were the benefits. I think you will find he can talk the talk ( god can he talk) the walking seems to be the problem. Lets hope he and a lot of the deadwood float off into the past at the next election.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Chris Thomas, he may turn out to be the biggest waste of space that has graced Tynwald. Has any of his ideas come to fruition, and if so what were the benefits. I think you will find he can talk the talk ( god can he talk) the walking seems to be the problem. Lets hope he and a lot of the deadwood float off into the past at the next election.  

He managed to wrestle the Manx Gas contract away from DOI and the OFT and got them moved to a proper Utilities Regulatory Authority, didn't he?

And the only COMIN member to stand up to HRH the former CM during the previous administration.

I'm sure there'll be other stuff.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1