New Promenade Walkway

Passing Time

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

He managed to wrestle the Manx Gas contract away from DOI and the OFT and got them moved to a proper Utilities Regulatory Authority, didn't he?

And the only COMIN member to stand up to HRH the former CM during the previous administration.

I'm sure there'll be other stuff.

If he makes a bollox of this it won't matter what he previously achieved...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Hopefully we have seen the last of the fair if not at least on Douglas Promenade after all the money that has been wasted on it that tatty, noisy, crappy fair should not be given space on prime City land.   

How much have they had Sid?

What is so wrong with leaving it as it is for a bit.  They have just hurled tens of £mil at the Prom, cant we just use it for a bit?  I finally managed to unload my mobility scooter and whizz along the walkway at 4mph, huge fun.  Hands of for a bit please.

Sea level rise will mean it's all going to be in the drink soon anyway, unless they are going to block the view..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, war baby said:

Sea level rise will mean it's all going to be in the drink soon anyway, unless they are going to block the view..

On the prom. in a storm there are big waves 'n stuff like that rolling up. The DoI are planning to put a 5 foot high wall around the harbour in Ramsey. If the DoI's computations are correct and there really is a necessity for that, I don't think too much of the chances of anyone living within sight of Douglas prom. - big waves on top of an extra 5 feet of water?

Fucking idiots, build a higher seawall and all it will do is stop the sea water from returning during a E/SE gale causing untold damage, all they have to do is lower the build up on the seaward side by a metre or two and reveal the wave return and the job is cracked, however that way will not allow the favoured contractor's to get a nice big money deal. They are fucking pathetic waster's. The Sea terminal wants emptied starting with that useless director as clearly he could not direct traffic never mind Highways.

Edited by Beelzebub3
misspelling
  • Like 5

Forgive my language, but what an utter load of wank.

Never mind mythical Manx creatures nobody has ever fucking heard of. Slap some tarmac down. If you refer back to the former Minister Gawne’s calculation for resurfacing the whole of the Sloc, that would come in at c£500k tops.

Edited by Manx Bean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, Passing Time said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/prom-walkway-design-options-put-on-display-566632

Having proved they are unable to stick to a budget, Thomas comes out with the belter "it will be in the millions".

Nothing to worry about then...

I wish I hadn't looked at that - its a mess. WTF comes up with this rubbish? the prom is rubbish and has taken waaaay too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Fucking idiots, build a higher seawall and all it will do is stop the sea water from returning during a E/SE gale causing untold damage, all they have to do is lower the build up on the seaward side by a metre or two and reveal the wave return and the job is cracked, however that way will not allow the favoured contractor's to get a nice big money deal. They are fucking pathetic waster's. The Sea terminal wants emptied starting with that useless director as clearly he could not direct traffic never mind Highways.

Any chance you can stop sitting on the fence and give us your honest opinion?

• Haha 6

When the fuck has over topping ever been a problem at this end of the prom as this is the deepest part and the best part to see the return in action. You are going to have to be well over 6ft to see over even at the reduced hight or is this so you cannot see the return working. Have yet to see or hear of vehicles being damaged at the bottle neck. This man is nothing but a tit, trying his best to get name on plaque, like ive said before showed promise before turning into a right incompetent twat. Which he must be if he is swallowing this shit from the DOI, another mug. At the same level as dim Tim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Plans for new sea wall or part of one!

https://gef.im/2022/10/11/dois-plans-for-sea-wall/

It's clever how the sea knows not to overtop after the sunken gardens It's almost on a par with continually painting the railings in the vain hope that it'll stop the sea crashing over... King Canute anyone?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

When the fuck has over topping ever been a problem at this end of the prom as this is the deepest part and the best part to see the return in action.

So if we made the rest of the prom a similar deepest part by digging away and removing some of the build up of sand, gravel and shingle, that would alleviate some of the overtopping along that length too.

£5M consultancy fee payable to me please.