Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

Articles in Daily Mail people featured in articles also quoting the expense of actually getting their property fit for purpose so that the heating pumps can be fitted, all regretting having it done as now having to use electric radiators to boost the temperature.     These may work on new builds with fantastic insulation but most properties need a lot of preparatory work done to make the venture worth while.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Articles in Daily Mail people featured in articles also quoting the expense of actually getting their property fit for purpose so that the heating pumps can be fitted, all regretting having it done as now having to use electric radiators to boost the temperature.     These may work on new builds with fantastic insulation but most properties need a lot of preparatory work done to make the venture worth while.   

Or wear some warm clothes, just expect to stay warm in just underwear?

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Bound to be true if you read it in daily mail 😂

But still no option in 2 years time or soon if Daphne gets her way & no proper grant scheme in place 

8 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

You do need good insulation. My neighbour's just spent £200k renovating his bungalow, now has heat source, working well.

I'm not sure everyone has £200,000 to make Daphne's wet dream come true!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

$ set mode = smug

Here's my electricity for April 2023 vs 2022. I now have a good solar panel installation. No longer have to switch things off all the time, plenty of spare juice around.

image.thumb.png.57cbc8f86ab34fb44aa239acb114b38b.png

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

I'm not sure everyone has £200,000 to make Daphne's wet dream come true!

Obviously he had a lot of other work done, adding extra insulation wasn't such a big issue. I wouldn't want to get an old Manx house well insulated, especially against the damp. And it's a few degrees warmer down here than on the rock.

Edited by GD4ELI
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Did defa ever deliver the free insulation programme? I remember the fanfare but not the delivery 

The Energy Efficiency Scheme 2022 (which confusingly didn't really start till January 2023) is in action.  It claims to be an £8 million scheme, and that they have so far 'reached' 1406 households, though the total amount of help ordered so far (as at the start of April) is less than £400,000 and much less than that has been received.  So not much help for last Winter, though it was launched so late due to the previous DfE cock-ups.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Energy Efficiency Scheme 2022 (which confusingly didn't really start till January 2023) is in action.  It claims to be an £8 million scheme, and that they have so far 'reached' 1406 households, though the total amount of help ordered so far (as at the start of April) is less than £400,000 and much less than that has been received.  So not much help for last Winter, though it was launched so late due to the previous DfE cock-ups.

Apologies  I am wrong

However it is interesting to note the mix of approvals being mainly LED bulbs. A grand scheme for a very obvious solution.

Edited by english zloty
Didn't look at link to stats

10 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

So basically the whole scheme seems to have been about largely replacing light bulbs, window seals and insulation in council houses and rented property. So money the LAs and landlords should have been spending anyway - so a pointless waste of time. 

27B85391-1FA5-4FEE-BEBC-679049B3273B.jpeg

Edited by BriT

11 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

good solar panel installation

.....that cost you many 000's of pounds and will take you many years to pay back. Something that would cost even more in in the IOM and take even longer to pay back. Something that most people could not even start to consider. Look around the IOM. The only solar panels you see are on posh houses where, like you, the owners probably do it to feel smug too and to convince themselves they are getting free electricity.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, english zloty said:

Apologies  I am wrong

However it is interesting to note the mix of approvals being mainly LED bulbs. A grand scheme for a very obvious solution.

We got behind rad insulation and all new rad valves!

• 2 weeks later...