Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

26 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Interesting information about Poland and heatpumps.

https://digitaleditions.telegraph.co.uk/data/1252/reader/reader.html?#!preferred/0/package/1252/pub/1252/page/106/article/NaN

I would have thought it would be too cold there but seems not. 

Which type - Torygraph is behind a paywall. Switzerland has a lot of geothermal - where you drill ~20m to 30m into the rock.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:19 PM, TheTeapot said:

All the small businesses being told to check their carbon footprint should join together and scream 'its always fucking windy and you havent built any wind turbines, fuck off until you've done that and then we'll talk'.

That pasta joint on Prospect Hill, Monapoli has got some answering to do. 

You should see the size of their Carbonara footprint. 

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

Which type - Torygraph is behind a paywall. Switzerland has a lot of geothermal - where you drill ~20m to 30m into the rock.

It let me read it no problem. I think you might just need to adjust your settings. Something to do with java script.  Someone will know.

They were just air to water heatpumps. Government subsidies to reduce coal use. 

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This is a strange story

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/peters-its-time-to-walk-the-walk-when-it-comes-to-climate-change/

I thought the stu meister @Stu Peterswas a denier. 

You tell em stu. Its not about financial payback it's about reducing CO2 emissions. ( it would payback eventually) 

This government is great on 'visions' but not so good at putting them into real action.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Well you can be a “ denier” whilst still accepting that solar panels do generate electricity. The two are not conflicting views.

• Like 3

I find that article interesting. 'It would be cheaper to import the electricity...' If we all put solar panels on our roofs (very affordable for most of the population) put up some windmills etc the island could be something like 70% self sufficient. The problem ten is that the MEA would be bankrupt.  So to keep the MEA going it's best to discourage solar and wind.

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well you can be a “ denier” whilst still accepting that solar panels do generate electricity. The two are not conflicting views.

All this talk ot installing solar panels on government buildings to save the planet is a load of bollocks as with the areas involved they would barely run the coffee machines contained within!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They don't generate as much electricity as a big fuck off gas turbine though. So if you weren't convinced of climate change, why would you bother?