Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

On 10/9/2022 at 4:28 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Of course all that highlights is that the Government and MEA/MUA have done sod all to encourage a "relatively rapid transition away from traditional forms of power" over the last two decades and don't seem to have any plans to do so now.

The massive debt focuses their minds I feel ! Once we were saddled with that, there was little choice but to maximise revenue and little room for forward thinking. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Omobono said:

sorry  she is only  interested  in her own sound bites ,  if you live in an area like this  you must expect to co exist with nature , it was not so long ago she was complaining about the goats ,  disgusting  behaviour  really !

Bump. 

Folk need to see this 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

sorry  she is only  interested  in her own sound bites ,  if you live in an area like this  you must expect to co exist with nature , it was not so long ago she was complaining about the goats ,  disgusting  behaviour  really !

Poor show really but all you expect from our two-faced MHKs. I suppose the £70K salary has got to be put towards some sort of personal wealth creation scheme despite what is preached to others.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

The climate Princess seems to take a different view when it comes to her own property.

Trees felled, House Martin's displaced, bat habitats destroyed.  Are all 6 bathrooms eco? Seems excessive for a supposed conservationist.

Where is the data from? The gov. planning page for this site shows only "There are no electronic documents available for this case."

7 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Where is the data from? The gov. planning page for this site shows only "There are no electronic documents available for this case."

You have to put the post code or planning reference in to the search engine. 

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/applicationsearchresults.iom?SelectedUPRN=000115033435&SearchField=Address&SelectedAddress=The+Wonder+House%2c+Dhoon+Loop+Road%2c+Dhoon%2c+Ramsey%2c+Isle+Of+Man%2c+IM7+1HN

12BBCF31-C5DE-49B0-89A6-34BA4F6A4342.jpeg

689C9A42-788B-4E2B-9DC4-4DC319CA5F70.jpeg

Edited by BriT

It would be interesting to know how much of the 42 million has been spent and on what.    My fear is that it is being eroded by chipping away small amounts here and there with nothing substantial to show.    Who is paying Daphne’s staff ?   and how much is this costing, not forgetting as Government employees they will be entitled to a pension long after the 42 million is a distant dream.    Even if this scheme finishes they will be found work in another department that is how it works in Government.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It would be interesting to know how much of the 42 million has been spent and on what.    My fear is that it is being eroded by chipping away small amounts here and there with nothing substantial to show.    Who is paying Daphne’s staff ?   and how much is this costing, not forgetting as Government employees they will be entitled to a pension long after the 42 million is a distant dream.    Even if this scheme finishes they will be found work in another department that is how it works in Government.

That's the thing that amazes me about Government climate bollocks. They claim to have next to no staff employed for the purpose. But clearly someone somewhere is pumping this shit out. 

• Like 2

Defa now looking to employ an engagement ( climate) officer, yet another non job within government it just never ends. All these sort of jobs create is more bureaucracy to justify there existence and always impact on those who actually generate the income to keep the lights on in are vastly oversized government.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cissolt said:

The climate Princess seems to take a different view when it comes to her own property.

Trees felled, House Martin's displaced, bat habitats destroyed.  Are all 6 bathrooms eco? Seems excessive for a supposed conservationist.

Screenshot_2022-10-26-17-01-23-64_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-26-17-00-12-07_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

I’m all for new Housing etc, and spending your own money as you see fit, but the optics on this doesn’t look good. As some who has set themselves as ‘greener than green’ and is ‘holier than thou’, she is more do as I say than do. Also in this economic tightening times, it’s coming across as rubbing peoples noses in their wealth - like I’m considerably richer than you. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BriT said:

I presume it's some bug in the system.  I went in via the map and all the documentation was showing but directly leads to a message saying there's no electronic documents (as would be the case only at the very start).  Under Application Details there's an interesting email exchange: 

This includes a quote from the applicant (presumably Chris Caine):

We applied to remove a number of trees following the damage to our phone/electricity lines plus the roof damage last year. (Applied for 11 to be felled but licence was granted for 18 to be removed after a site visit, mostly on safety grounds. One was needed for digger access to lower garden for clearing the water course of a metal/plastic structure put in before we bought the property.

Four of these trees remain to be felled along the roadside wall. There are no trees remaining adjacent to the house and the last one by the garage (next to the telegraph pole) is probably just within 15 metres but recommended to be felled and included on the licence. We may defer felling those final four until after this nesting season. But there are no trees now adjacent to the house – see photo taken at the weekend attached plus annotated photos issued by DEFA. I don’t believe there will be any trees within 15 metres once they are felled. And of course the two nearest across the road fell on our cars a few weeks ago and have been removed!

So it looks as if the main reason for felling the trees (at least those that hadn't fallen down already) was safety, justified by previous damage on several occasions. Given how steep the site looks and how wet the area is, it's not surprising trees are at danger of toppling once they get high enough.

They seem to have put off felling the last ones till after nesting.  The letter from the Manx Ornithological Society merely wants to make sure that the replacement property has places for house martins to nest (ie has suitable eaves).  Presumably the site is attractive to them because the water course mentioned provides mud for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

For a start they could install water fountains in airport, the only way you can get water in either but a plastic bottle full for £2 or queuing at Costa & ask for a cup of water 

You can ask the chap behind the bar for a glass of tap water and he happily obliges . You only have to ask .