Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

17 hours ago, forestboy said:

All a waste of our taxes. 

100% agree the whole climate change board thing has been pathetic. And all because Howard Quayle tried to buy off a couple of school kid protesters. Millions and millions wasted on absolutely nothing or any value. It’s a civil servants wet dream of very, very expensive fresh air. 

• Like 3

On 4/30/2023 at 4:13 PM, 2112 said:

I see the UCM are offering a new ‘green’ course, over 5 weeks and 3 hours session. I’m sure it will qualify those attendees a certificate to lecture islanders, and jump on board the ever burgeoning IOMG gravy train. I am all for skill workers but it’s should be for people who need to skills to enter the work place, or upgrade their skills. 

It's a City and Guilds course.  https://www.ucm.ac.im/about/news/2023/apr/new-sustainability-course-launches/

https://prospect.ucm.ac.im/Page/Prospectus_CourseOverview?uio_id=10390

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Start at Bride and offer people FREE loft installation?

It would probably be cheaper than all these grant schemes which nobody knows about.

That's not fair. I have a flat roof. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

People in the UK are disenchanted with these heat pumps they are not warming their homes to a desirable temperature and they are only suitable for newish builds.   Be careful what you wish for.

Any news reports to support? People won’t have any options soon so massive subsidies help

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Any news reports to support? People won’t have any options soon so massive subsidies help

You do need good insulation. My neighbour's just spent £200k renovating his bungalow, now has heat source, working well.