Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

42 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You can install a new one in an existing house. 

There will be a sudden upsurge in triggers broom boilers for at least 30 years.😄

You can’t install a new one even to replace existing ones was my understanding 

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

Big question is Alf going to join Rishi ,start to see common sense and push back some of these ridiculous  bans on new  petrol and diesel vehicle dates   it looks like  the date is going to be extended by 5 years , 

Common sense …….hahaha that will be a first. It’s a race to net zero and ultimate dick waving with constant boasting and attention seeking as to how great IOM(G) is and is world leading. Remember the film industry and the now non existent space industry, along with a declining manufacturing industry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

Big question is Alf going to join Rishi ,start to see common sense and push back some of these ridiculous  bans on new  petrol and diesel vehicle dates   it looks like  the date is going to be extended by 5 years , 

Unlikely.  Bearing in mind the EV Boat issues, the obsession with our Heritage Railways is starting to make a lot more sense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omobono said:

As we are effectively a part of the UK dealer network for all car manufacturers, it would be crazy to paddle our own canoe on this, as with a lot of thing which we have got involved with!

Lessons must have been learned!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Omobono said:

I saw that, "We aren't going to save the planet by bankrupting Brits" was the quote on Sky News.

Can somebody please tell Daffers?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I saw that, "We aren't going to save the planet by bankrupting Brits" was the quote on Sky News.

Can somebody please tell Daffers?

Sadly between Daffy Daffers, CM Cannan and our wasteful Government and civil service, the reserves will be heavily strained, and both you, I and the island will be bankrupt. 

Whilst Rishi Sunak may have altered the parameters by 5 years, the current Labour Party are obsessed with climate change targets, and I doubt they will keep to it. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 3

"But it cannot be right for the government to ask people to make so many changes “without a properly informed national debate”"

I remember Daphne talking on the mannin line and batting away the topic of a referendum stating that we had one at the last election.  Perhaps it's time that we were actually consulted on these changes and the costs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

"But it cannot be right for the government to ask people to make so many changes “without a properly informed national debate”"

I remember Daphne talking on the mannin line and batting away the topic of a referendum stating that we had one at the last election.  Perhaps it's time that we were actually consulted on these changes and the costs.

Hopefully the voters of Garff will be fed up with this climate change stuff, especially if it’s hitting them in the pocket, thereby, denying them a decent standard of living. When Daffy Daffers comes knocking for a vote ………..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cissolt said:

IOMG have made a complete dogs breakfast of the Liverpool Ferry Terminal, with costs likely to be in excess of £100million. How can they honestly advise taxpayers and voters, with a straight face of the real costs, even having a contingency fund? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, asitis said:

I'm all for conservation re-wilding, recycling where possible etc etc ! but am most certainly against bankrupting us so someone can feel good about how great we are !

If Alf isn't careful he is correct there will be a movement of people but it won't be this way !

I fully agree. The speed we enact these crazy new laws with no information or alternatives, like the boiler ban.  Or the incredible costs of buying electric vehicles and the inability for the less well off to charge them if never considered.  The wealthier offer buying second hand EVs and charge them in public areas as a solution.  It's not an option for the majority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1