Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

2kw. Why wouldnyouneven bother.

If you can do it for £2k though, tell me when you are free and I'll book you in.👍

Do you not understand the simple concept, that the government would basically be paying the net cost (around £2000, before installation, vat, profit, etc.), and that the government installs it for you (at their cost, i.e. free) and in return (as a form of rent for your roof) they give you a reduced rate for electricity? 
It really is that simple. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Do you not understand the simple concept, that the government would basically be paying the net cost (around £2000, before installation, vat, profit, etc.), and that the government installs it for you (at their cost, i.e. free) and in return (as a form of rent for your roof) they give you a reduced rate for electricity? 
It really is that simple. 

And where is governments money coming from?

I do understand your concept. I just dont agree that its feasible. 

On 10/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, Cambon said:

I am not talking about grants. I am talking about IOMG buying and giving everyone one, 2KW solar cell, and installing it on the roof. The electricity feeds straight into the system. No batteries. No feed in tariff. As a thank you for allowing use of your roof, you get a discounted rate for your electricity. Very simple. Each PV panel costs around £2000. Total cost circa £50 million. Interconnect, and other sources to fill in when required (night time). 

You're ignoring the people without roofs though, you elitist!

On 10/8/2023 at 9:12 AM, Billy Bleach said:

I’ve just seen that this morning. Daphne is crackers. The climate change board tell the MUA that they need to find somewhere to put a wind farm. The MUA finds somewhere to put a wind farm and the head of the climate change board (who is her) then publicly says I don’t think you should put a wind farm there. She should resign she’s such a fraud. 

Her family have plenty of land.  Don't they own most of it around Maughold? 

She should really offer some of this up for the renewables.  Not just turbines, but possibly a solar farm.  Isn't the sole redeeming feature of living north of Laxey, the fact that it is allegedly sunnier up there? 

Anyone know if she actually has any renewable power at her nice new house, to power her nice expensive EV or E-broomstick?  

On 10/8/2023 at 10:14 AM, cissolt said:

She was complaining about the new offshore wind farm a few months ago.  It's almost as if she has no solutions to offer and complains when one is presented.

At least her new mansion will receive some hefty green grants though, so all's well that ends well.

This is exactly what she is doing.  Demanding we green, and then poo pooing every green suggestion that comes.  Honestly, has she actually made any suggestions rather than just vague statements upon the Island needing to be green? 

Whenever I pass Prof Ashford, I always cough "Narcissist."  I'm going to have to add some diversity to my outbursts and start going for a "Hypocrite" whenever I see Daffers now. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Happier diner said:

And where is governments money coming from?

I do understand your concept. I just dont agree that its feasible. 

Could start with what is left of the £40M set aside to investigate green issues. Besides,  It doesn’t have to be done all at once. 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, The Phantom said:

You're ignoring the people without roofs though, you elitist!

Her family have plenty of land.  Don't they own most of it around Maughold? 

She should really offer some of this up for the renewables.  Not just turbines, but possibly a solar farm.  Isn't the sole redeeming feature of living north of Laxey, the fact that it is allegedly sunnier up there? 

Anyone know if she actually has any renewable power at her nice new house, to power her nice expensive EV or E-broomstick?  

This is exactly what she is doing.  Demanding we green, and then poo pooing every green suggestion that comes.  Honestly, has she actually made any suggestions rather than just vague statements upon the Island needing to be green? 

Whenever I pass Prof Ashford, I always cough "Narcissist."  I'm going to have to add some diversity to my outbursts and start going for a "Hypocrite" whenever I see Daffers now. 

She wanted speedier adoption of renewable energy..... Is there a specific type she does approve of?

https://www.manxradio.com/election-2021/candidates-2021/garff/daphne-caine/

5 minutes ago, cissolt said:

She wanted speedier adoption of renewable energy..... Is there a specific type she does approve of?

https://www.manxradio.com/election-2021/candidates-2021/garff/daphne-caine/

The renewable type.  I suspect getting a more definitive response from her could be tricky.  I feel that banning plastic straws was and will be the highlight of her career. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I feel that banning plastic straws was and will be the highlight of her career. 

And anyone who has tried to suck a thick milkshake through a dissolving paper straw, will praise the day she ascended to her all powerful green throne of indecision. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/orsted-to-engage-with-residents-about-islands-first-offshore-wind-farm/

Why are we considering onshore wind when this is in the offing? 

'Manx Solutions to Manx Problems?'

We wonder why Basking Shark sightings are slipping, apparently the geological surveys and noise from wind farms underwater is intense and is suspected to be the cause of increased number of whale beachings! Greenpeace are aware, but their directors are so personally invested in offshore wind, that they will not threaten their own capital!

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/orsted-to-engage-with-residents-about-islands-first-offshore-wind-farm/

Why are we considering onshore wind when this is in the offing? 

'Manx Solutions to Manx Problems?'

We wonder why Basking Shark sightings are slipping, apparently the geological surveys and noise from wind farms underwater is intense and is suspected to be the cause of increased number of whale beachings! Greenpeace are aware, but their directors are so personally invested in offshore wind, that they will not threaten their own capital!

Onshore is affordable for MUA, this isn't and would take many years to realise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Onshore is affordable for MUA, this isn't and would take many years to realise.

this once in a generation opportunity for the Isle of Man to explore its energy security and independence, generate revenue for the Government and bring real economic benefits to the Island. 

We'll see about that, in their rush of green conscience we will probably end up spending twice what was estimated for something which doesn't deliver! 

Edited by Max Power