Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

18 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I followed her thread on that on Twitter. You get the impression that she’s lost the plot and the job has gone to her head. She having her monster mansion built and is now moaning about the aesthetics of wind forms (presumably when seen from the balcony of your monster mansion). I can’t see that she has anything in common with her constituents now. Driving around piously in her EV preaching about sustainability while she doesn’t want her views spoiled and wants to expend precious resources knocking her house down and build a new one. 

The tone from the planning application was that it was nodded through despite concerns about housemartin and bat habitat destruction.

She is rather pleased they have closed the footpath in the dhoon, keeps the rifraf from peering at her house.  Clarkson 2.0?

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I followed her thread on that on Twitter. You get the impression that she’s lost the plot and the job has gone to her head. She having her monster mansion built and is now moaning about the aesthetics of wind forms (presumably when seen from the balcony of your monster mansion). I can’t see that she has anything in common with her constituents now. Driving around piously in her EV preaching about sustainability while she doesn’t want her views spoiled and wants to expend precious resources knocking her house down and build a new one. 

Did she have a plot in the first place? You can't lose what you never had

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Listen to the science, they said. Educate yourself. Think of the children!

Here's a climatologist (not just any old scientist or schoolgirl truant).

Wasting your time Stu, for all the many reasons which she mentions. We are being sold lies and false hope that we can reverse naturally occurring climate change. The only forum open to respected scientists who don't agree with the manufactured consensus is the likes of YouTube, they are then easy targets to mock as conspiracy theorists. 

The phrase 'the science is settled' is such an unscientific thing to utter, as science is never settled. To close their minds for political reasons is criminal, and I can't see anyone ever being held to account! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Listen to the science, they said. Educate yourself. Think of the children!

Here's a climatologist (not just any old scientist or schoolgirl truant).

She is a Pariah to the Scientific Community

By treating Curry as a pariah, Haslam says, scientists are only enhancing her reputation as some kind of renegade who speaks truth to power. Even if she is substantially wrong, it is not in the interests of climate scientists to treat Curry as merely an annoyance or a distraction. "I think her criticisms are damaging," Haslam says. "But in a way, that's a consequence of failing to acknowledge that all science has these political dynamics."

https://www.nature.com/articles/news.2010.577

5 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

She is a Pariah to the Scientific Community

By treating Curry as a pariah, Haslam says, scientists are only enhancing her reputation as some kind of renegade who speaks truth to power. Even if she is substantially wrong, it is not in the interests of climate scientists to treat Curry as merely an annoyance or a distraction. "I think her criticisms are damaging," Haslam says. "But in a way, that's a consequence of failing to acknowledge that all science has these political dynamics."

https://www.nature.com/articles/news.2010.577

Well, they would say that wouldn't they?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

To close their minds for political reasons is criminal, and I can't see anyone ever being held to account! 

You will be pleased to know then that several American states are suing some of the world's largest fossil fuel companies for "their role in delaying climate policy and increasing the climate impacts, risks and costs borne by state governments". I hope justice will be served eventually.

4 minutes ago, code99 said:

You will be pleased to know then that several American states are suing some of the world's largest fossil fuel companies for "their role in delaying climate policy and increasing the climate impacts, risks and costs borne by state governments". I hope justice will be served eventually.

I have no issue with that if it's true, proving it may be tricky?