Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

On 10/21/2023 at 6:39 PM, Gladys said:

Of course you can't terminate a contract without honouring the terms.  I am not saying that should have happened, but when the changes to requirements become so significant, there is scope for a variation of terms.  There may have been a point when termination was cheaper than continuing with a bottomless pit of a project. 

No, you wouldn't have a ferry terminal, but you would have several millions in the bank and there would be other places to call home near Liverpool. 

ETA I would prefer a room with a nice view of the Mersey. :thumbsup:

As it turns out we would still have had a terminal because LCC no longer wants the area where the landing stage is. They don't have and never really had the money to develop it in the first place.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Banker said:

What about Manx petroleum and EVF ?

The netzero brigade are charlatans.  What is the alternative? Wood? They are opposing all renewable solutions instead promoting importing wood to burn and paying over 2 billion for another interconnecter.

How much extra is this going to add to the cost of a new build?  Zero affordable houses will be built under this new legislation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

The only other option is for new builds to have electric heaters built-in which will then put pressure on MUA to meet the increased demand. Wind turbines are not going to be able to take up that increase. 

All that luvly extra debt-reducing and pension-paying revenue though, bollocks to mere details like that.

2 hours ago, finlo said:

This, also why useless heat pumps are being pushed as all our saviours.

What makes you think they are useless. Great for new well insulated houses. I wish I could have one but our old house is not suitable. 

I'm not sure what all the whining is about. I reckon they are no more expensive than an oil boiler and tank. 

13 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What makes you think they are useless. Great for new well insulated houses. I wish I could have one but our old house is not suitable. 

I'm not sure what all the whining is about. I reckon they are no more expensive than an oil boiler and tank. 

The complaints are valid and were expressed during the consultation.  It will increase the costs of new build houses and reduce (the already pitiful) numbers of affordable homes being built.  Not to many that any effect on the environment would be so small it's not worth measuring.