Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

I have just read online on the Manx Newspapers website an article, trumpeting a conference on the island, (Green Talks) before the Xmas period, attended by the great and the good relating to ‘climate change’. Organised by the Energy and Sustainability Centre. Granted it was ‘funded’ by charity, and attended by Minister Hooperman, I feel that the likes of these third party pressure groups are both dictating policies and holding the island to ransom, whilst some sectors greatly benefit, whilst causing great hardship to the islands population. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I have just read online on the Manx Newspapers website an article, trumpeting a conference on the island, (Green Talks) before the Xmas period, attended by the great and the good relating to ‘climate change’. Organised by the Energy and Sustainability Centre. Granted it was ‘funded’ by charity, and attended by Minister Hooperman, I feel that the likes of these third party pressure groups are both dictating policies and holding the island to ransom, whilst some sectors greatly benefit, whilst causing great hardship to the islands population. 

At least somebody understands the science and is pointing us towards a sustainable future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

At least somebody understands the science and is pointing us towards a sustainable future.

More virtue signaling, claptrap, pushing the island into dire financial straits, creating haves and have nots, and social division. Who are the winners? The Wind Farm developers. Daffy, Other self important Politicos, Professor Currant Bun. 

Yes, new Daffy approved heating systems are being put into properties, and the IOMG pet developers are being lauded as saviours of saving the planet. The irony being the properties aren’t being marketed at FTB, or young local working class families but at wealthy new residents, or those who are high flying professional types, like well paid civil servants, who are guaranteed job security. 

Incidentally, I wonder how much carbon emissions are spewed out by motorcycling racing, especially during the TT and motorcycles visiting the island? Meanwhile get ready while our residents will be punished by our virtue signaling politicos, whilst the likes of the TT etc will be spared, because IOMG don’t want to lose their golden egg. I also noticed last night, how many families letting off fireworks to welcome in the New Year. Lots of carbon emissions into the atmosphere. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

More virtue signaling, claptrap, pushing the island into dire financial straits, creating haves and have nots, and social division. Who are the winners? The Wind Farm developers. Daffy, Other self important Politicos, Professor Currant Bun. 

Yes, new Daffy approved heating systems are being put into properties, and the IOMG pet developers are being lauded as saviours of saving the planet. The irony being the properties aren’t being marketed at FTB, or young local working class families but at wealthy new residents, or those who are high flying professional types, like well paid civil servants, who are guaranteed job security. 

Incidentally, I wonder how much carbon emissions are spewed out by motorcycling racing, especially during the TT and motorcycles visiting the island? Meanwhile get ready while our residents will be punished by our virtue signaling politicos, whilst the likes of the TT etc will be spared, because IOMG don’t want to lose their golden egg. I also noticed last night, how many families letting off fireworks to welcome in the New Year. Lots of carbon emissions into the atmosphere. 

The TT emissions are but one of the many contradictions in IOMG policy. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

es, new Daffy approved heating systems are being put into properties, and the IOMG pet developers are being lauded as saviours of saving the planet. The irony being the properties aren’t being marketed at FTB, or young local working class families but at wealthy new residents, or those who are high flying professional types, like well paid civil servants, who are guaranteed job security. 

Whilst I disagree agree with the policy i think you’ll find that the new estate in Jurby with heat pumps etc is aimed at FTB & not wealthy individuals 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mates gas boiler has packed 8n and needs replacing, quote now includes the new green tax of £120 plus vat so £144. He didn’t know and nor did I that this new tax applies from this yea4 on all new or replacement oil/gas boilers. Apparently it’s to fund green initiatives but no one knows what they are!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Mates gas boiler has packed 8n and needs replacing, quote now includes the new green tax of £120 plus vat so £144. He didn’t know and nor did I that this new tax applies from this yea4 on all new or replacement oil/gas boilers. Apparently it’s to fund green initiatives but no one knows what they are!

Extra coffee cups for the expansion of DEFA?

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Another rip off. 
I despair at this Government’s tax take. 
no doubt they’ll be more in budget.

• Like 6

On 1/2/2024 at 7:59 AM, Banker said:

Whilst I disagree agree with the policy i think you’ll find that the new estate in Jurby with heat pumps etc is aimed at FTB & not wealthy individuals 

You think the wealthy will drove to Jurby? Jurby has been attempted since the 70s. No one wants to go there. This is only working in theory because it's Alf's patch and he's throwing money at it in the hope... build it and they may come. 

25 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Extra coffee cups for the expansion of DEFA?

I hope it's going to fund Daphne Cain's therapy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

As I posted on another thread, Hooperman and Daphne think it's viable for commuting, to use the tram from Ramsey to Douglas and when you've got to Douglas use the horse tram for the rest of the way !

Then go to work for 8 hours ( providing you've spine and teeth left ) and rinse and repeat.

FFS is there no level of stupidity that doesn't give these people a soundbite ! (twitter).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2023 at 8:46 PM, Happier diner said:

That's why I can't understand all the worry about it. 

The 'worry' is that all this is being forced upon us based on  lie - yes, a straight forward lie.  CO2 and emissions are immaterial in any climate change that might be happening; in itself it insignificant in atmospheric terms.  There is no evidence in earth's history that proves any link between CO2 and tangible climate change.

Why is this being forced upon us when we have enormous energy reserves, the use of which will not affect overall climate one iota? In little over 2 years the insanity of the covid fiasco has been realised; the 'climate (non) emergency' will be viewed in the same light as the South Sea Bubble; an economic disaster that was bought into by the great and good idiots that subscribed.

Forget CO2 - look into the long-term political motives of those who sit on the IPCC and perpetuate the climate myths under the umbrella of a quasi-Marxist organisation aka the United Nations.  There are billions and billions of dollars at stake in the 'green' movement and for that reason alone, it will be made to work whether its needed or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

The 'worry' is that all this is being forced upon us based on  lie - yes, a straight forward lie.  CO2 and emissions are immaterial in any climate change that might be happening; in itself it insignificant in atmospheric terms.  There is no evidence in earth's history that proves any link between CO2 and tangible climate change.

Why is this being forced upon us when we have enormous energy reserves, the use of which will not affect overall climate one iota? In little over 2 years the insanity of the covid fiasco has been realised; the 'climate (non) emergency' will be viewed in the same light as the South Sea Bubble; an economic disaster that was bought into by the great and good idiots that subscribed.

Forget CO2 - look into the long-term political motives of those who sit on the IPCC and perpetuate the climate myths under the umbrella of a quasi-Marxist organisation aka the United Nations.  There are billions and billions of dollars at stake in the 'green' movement and for that reason alone, it will be made to work whether its needed or not.

I think I'll put my faith in those more qualified to judge. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1