Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

22 hours ago, HeliX said:

But the reason you like this climatologist and not the ones who outnumber her by many orders of magnitude is not because you think her conclusions are scientifically more sound, it's because she's saying what you're prefer to hear.

You're right. I think it's human nature to gravitate towards someone who you agree with (or vice versa). But I DO listen to people (the majority) on the other side of this too to try to understand why I'm so out of touch with the mainstream. Generally I go along with the experts, so like others I had the C19 jabs. But this whole 'climate emergency' has always struck me as a political or commercial movement rather than a scientific one, and it usually relies on things like the discredited '97% of climate scientists agree' line. As I get older I've learned to rely more on my gut reaction to things, and I've had indigestion since 'An Inconvenient Truth' in 2006. That started the movement for many and I think that every single 'truth' in it has been found to be false or wildly exaggerated.

• Like 4

On Manx Radio today Mrs Caine was challenged about various climate reports. Her response showed no objectivity at all and it is clear to me she will waste £millions of taxpayers money blindly following her own personal beliefs.

She simply dismissed a challenge about the heat sensor at the airport being in the jet wash of Easyjet planes and perhaps giving false readings.

Mrs Caine also said it was estimated that 10,000 EVs would be on IOM by 2030. She was challenged by a chap called David about MUA charging capacity particularly on new housing estates. In her reply she said EVs wouldn’t be the solution, so why would should people buy them?.

The Mannin Line is continuing……

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

On Manx Radio today Mrs Caine was challenged about various climate reports. Her response showed no objectivity at all and it is clear to me she will waste £millions of taxpayers money blindly following her own personal beliefs.

Do-gooder Daphne talked a load of absolute shite. You are right there is no point in having a climate change board because this is all about her silly beliefs and her completely blinkered view on what needs to be done. All she’s going to do this term is sit there and spew out the same load of old crap she believes in while tangibly doing nothing.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do-gooder Daphne talked a load of absolute shite. You are right there is no point in having a climate change board because this is all about her silly beliefs and her completely blinkered view on what needs to be done. 

Give the girl a break, FFS! 

When she was in Tourism Dept, under the (self-styled ) Minister of Fun, she brought Top Gear to the IOM, and. .  and. .  and ...  (wait for itI)  she once saw David Bowie, on Pulrose Bridge!

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, KERED said:

Give the girl a break, FFS! 

When she was in Tourism Dept, under the (self-styled ) Minister of Fun, she brought Top Gear to the IOM, and. .  and. .  and ...  (wait for itI)  she once saw David Bowie, on Pulrose Bridge!

😂I’m tired of hearing her pretentious bullshit. The only reason she seems to have got the job is that 1. Alf couldn’t find anywhere else to put her and 2. She owns an electric car. That’s the sum total of all that’s needed for a £70k a year final salary pension job talking bollocks about things that will never happen. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

😂I’m tired of hearing her pretentious bullshit. The only reason she seems to have got the job is that 1. Alf couldn’t find anywhere else to put her and 2. She owns an electric car. That’s the sum total of all that’s needed for a £70k a year final salary pension job talking bollocks about things that will never happen. 

Whatever else you think about her, she isn't getting any extra money for being Chair of the Climate Change Board.  She gets paid the basic MHK salary, if you object to that take it up with the voters of Garff.

I wouldn't mind but Daffy admitted today she cant charge her electric car at home but uses the charging facility   at government offices ,  how cheeky is that !    you couldn't make this stuff its a farce , and were building huge housing estates wit no provision  for electric cars  or the electricity capability network of  supplying them ,Only in the Isle of Man !

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I wouldn't mind but Daffy admitted today she cant charge her electric car at home but uses the charging facility   at government offices ,  how cheeky is that !    you couldn't make this stuff its a farce , and were building huge housing estates wit no provision  for electric cars  or the electricity capability network of  supplying them ,Only in the Isle of Man !

Do you pay to use the public charging points?

I did hear her say, though,  that her energy bill for her e car was still about half of what it was for her ICE.  So she must be paying something. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 1:47 PM, code99 said:

You're right I don't know because I am not a scientist. But I trust the scientists who are experts in this field just like I trusted the experts who made Covid vaccines

...and the ones who said Thalidomide was ok for pregnant women, or contaminated blood wouldn't cause any harm etc, etc.

No, I am not one for suggesting weird conspiracy theories but, hety scientists can get it wrong, for all sorts of reasons, human nature being what it is. Of course we all need someone to have faith in in these disturbing times. But sadly Dapne isn't my choice.

Maybe we need David back to explain the science and calm the nerves. Its only the future of the planet we are looking at not a matter of...oh!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Apple said:

...and the ones who said Thalidomide was ok for pregnant women, or contaminated blood wouldn't cause any harm etc, etc.

No, I am not one for suggesting weird conspiracy theories but, hety scientists can get it wrong, for all sorts of reasons, human nature being what it is. Of course we all need someone to have faith in in these disturbing times. But sadly Dapne isn't my choice.

Maybe we need David back to explain the science and calm the nerves. Its only the future of the planet we are looking at not a matter of...oh!

A lot has changed since Thalidomide

A lot has been learned because of Thalidomide

Thalidomide was a powerful drug and not a vaccine

Not sure if there has ever been a really big vaccine mistake as they are normally inactive 

54 minutes ago, Omobono said:

it will be for sale in a few years when she loses her charging parking space then...