More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

Just to say the lights on 1886 are nowt to do with DBC so not sure it is relevant to DBC bashing. The health and safety fiasco on the other hand. Did they take into consideration of the lone gunman in the sefton top right bedroom, you may say I'm being stupid but it has as much chance of happening as the other shite they bring up. Like gov, another bigger bunch of pricks you would be hard pushed to find in one place. Morons is not adequate to describe most of the management, but on £70,000 a year who's the fool. I will wait (as with Ashford) to hear the rebutel. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Sorry John, what did you request a second bin for,  ordinary waste bin or recycling bin?  Completely agree with you that the boxes with a shower cap are pretty impractical, but what was it you needed?  

The thrust has always been about increasing recycling, what have they been dishonest about?

We already had two bins, emptied weekly. So 4 bins a fortnight. Now down to one a fortnight. Wanted to keep two bins.

DBC really didn't sell fortnightly collections on recycle more. That's why they're dishonest.

if they were honest they'd change the way recycling is collected. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

No, that nonsense about crowd control was delivered by a particular individual on the FB thread. 

I just don't know what the issue was relating to the switch on.

What?  You're saying Martin Moore isn't a reliable source of information?  I'm shocked, shocked!

(I assume the stuff about the bow was diagnostic - ie its presence/absence proved those weren't pictures from this year).

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

No they have said that it was about crowd control previously themselves on Twitter so I’m sure that person is just picking up on what was said at the time to justify whether it would even go ahead or not. It’s like their £50K a year H&S person was worried that some sort of stampede would erupt when the locals were faced with a few bright lights for an hour and so it might have been easier to do .. nothing (and of course save money).

I’m not surprised if it was a damp squib. There’s no money around. It’s going to be a grim Xmas for many. The highest turnover places that evening were probably Dealz and the Card factory. Which is where most of the money is going to be spent this Xmas. 

Still not sure what post toy refer to - got a Twitter link? I know there wasn’t a “Mayor presses the button moment” to avoid a big crowd forming in one particular location but that’s about it. Strand street is quite narrow so that kinda made sense.

It just saddens me that some people can only ever see the negative side of everything we do. It’s the Christmas lights for Pete’s sake. Place was busy, people seemed happy and I even found a sponsor to reduce costs. What  more do you want? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Still bot sure what post toy refer to - got a Twitter link? I know there wasn’t a “Mayor presses the button moment” to avoid a big crowd forming in one particular location but that’s about it. Strand street is quite narrow so that kinda made sense.

It just saddens me that some people can only ever see the negative side of everything we do. It’s the Christmas lights for Pete’s sake. Place was busy, people seemed happy and I even found a sponsor to reduce costs. What  more do you want? 

blood... they want nothing short of blood...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Still bot sure what post toy refer to - got a Twitter link? I know there wasn’t a “Mayor presses the button moment” to avoid a big crowd forming in one particular location but that’s about it. Strand street is quite narrow so that kinda made sense.

Well personally I thought the fireworks were great & the lights last night was well supported & again not sure what people expected 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

We already had two bins, emptied weekly. So 4 bins a fortnight. Now down to one a fortnight. Wanted to keep two bins.

DBC really didn't sell fortnightly collections on recycle more. That's why they're dishonest.

if they were honest they'd change the way recycling is collected. 

Thanks John just couldn't understand the two bin aspect. 

On 11/24/2022 at 8:03 AM, offshoremanxman said:

Same here. Now we can only use one of them. But we had to order another green waste bin because the extra bin we already had was the wrong colour to put green waste in. The whole thing is a joke. 

What happens if the Waste Operative (binman to you and me) is colour blind?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s just more nonsense delivered by a council that simply hasn’t got a clue. I’m amazed that they are having a meeting to discuss adverse media and social media comments. I’d have thought if you delivered sensible things that the people paying for them actually wanted then the social media feedback would generally be good. 

The concept of "if it ain't broke don't mend it" is clearly not something they've heard of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really don't understand the move to two weekly waste collections. It will be the same amount of rubbish that needs to be disposed of over a month, say.  And if the reduction in costs of £25K/pa is to be believed then most of that saving will go into engaging a PR company to keep their customers at bay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess that the council think everyone lives somewhere that it is convenient to be separating and storing different types of waste in order to make life simple for them, so that they can afford to sack one member of staff?

The reality will be that they will save nothing, piss off everyone and end up with a bigger rubbish issue than they had before.

ETA: Oh, and some of the thick headed, never ran a business commies who think it’s a wonderful idea will be one term councillors!

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I really don't understand the move to two weekly waste collections. It will be the same amount of rubbish that needs to be disposed of over a month, say.  And if the reduction in costs of £25K/pa is to be believed then most of that saving will go into engaging a PR company to keep their customers at bay.

Not sure there are any savings, a friend in Douglas catchment rang & asked what were refuse collectors doing instead & was advised they have been redeployed but the person at town hall didn’t know where!!

• Like 1

The whole thing has just been a stress and pain in the ass. The most frustrating part of the patronising way we are told it’s to push people to recycle more. 

Same farty plastic containers that have been full every 2 weeks since kerbside recycling started.

Neighbours are rotating tip runs at the weekend.

• Like 2