More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I know exactly what they do John, as do you, but Amadeus has been asked several times to set it out and all he does is come back with sarcastic comments. It goes into a big shed then they sell it. That’s the sum total of their recycling activity. We even clean and prepare the items they sell for them. 

John has already answered this.  What do you expect, paper, metal, glass and recycling plants all operated by DBC?

You have raised various arguments against, each one responded to and then you move on to the next one.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

That sounds like recycling?

It's about 300 quid per tonne to shove stuff in the incinerator. A cost. If someone is buying it, sorted, it sounds like an unnecessary cost in sorting when it could be done at household level, but it sort of sounds like recycling.

People buy recyclable stuff. Metal, glass, you name it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Great reply. To be honest he does appear to be on here 24/7 but what he doesn’t appear to be doing is supplying any answers. He can’t have it both ways when he’s always on social media himself kicking off about something.  I fully agree with your last point yes they should as when you call the town hall nobody is responsible for anything. I would also suggest that this has all blown up exactly because of that point. You call town hall, you get dicked about by slopey shouldered people who aren’t interested and then people take to social media.

I notice you ducked the questions. You must be Frank’s alter ego, by your logic.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

He has been asked numerous times but just ignored it. I am sure its not as bad as people but say but would love to know the answer. If I can be reassured that stuff is actually recycled I will start to make more effort with paper, card and plastic. 

They list what happens to the recycling on Douglas Corporation website.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

To answer your questions

1. I object to this being aggregation purely to avoid gate fees that has little to do with a genuine interest in recycling.

Can you point to any evidence that this is what happens?

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

It isn't difficult.

A friend of mine pays a tenner a month to RecycleCollect.im, gets 3 or 4 recycling boxes and main bin usage has fallen dramatically. Young kids love the fun of putting stuff in the right boxes.

Oh, and look what happens with it.. this is a small enterprise charging houses a tenner a month. No doubt considerably more effective on a larger scale.

locations.png

And the girls dump it all on DBC, not exported by them at all only told stick this on your flyer. No proof whats so ever this is what happening to your shite. Do you honestly believe they packaged it and exported it.

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And the girls dump it all on DBC, not exported by them at all only told stick this on your flyer. No proof whats so ever this is what happening to your shite. Do you honestly believe they packaged it and exported it.

So they collect it and DBC ship it?

3 hours ago, Declan said:

That sounds like recycling?

Except on occasions it isn't. Case in point was a few of years back when the paper market was on it's backside and the carriage cost was more than the value of the paper.... it was chucked in the incinerator.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1