More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

21 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Question: What are the positive environmental benefits of burning 5 litres of petrol to take 10 bin bags of crap to the amenity site, putting it on lorries and shipping it to the UK... versus just burning it locally at the Energy from Waste Plant and extracting the energy?

Burning it locally doesn't quite massage the political egos of DBC members in quite the same way 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Question: What are the positive environmental benefits of burning 5 litres of petrol to take 10 bin bags of crap to the amenity site, putting it on lorries and shipping it to the UK... versus just burning it locally at the Energy from Waste Plant and extracting the energy?

We all know the answer to that, but nobody wants to admit it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mollag said:

I was hoping to visit the amenity today with some goods for the recycle shed, what chance it will be open, I understand there has been "Issues" in the past with weather, surely these are resolved now?

The purpose-built sheds at Middle River amenity site often have pools of water on the floor.

They are about to spend £3,000,000 on a new one next to the incinerator. I hope it's the correct way round this time-recycling first in sheds then disposal in skips.

7 hours ago, mollag said:

I was hoping to visit the amenity today with some goods for the recycle shed, what chance it will be open, I understand there has been "Issues" in the past with weather, surely these are resolved now?

Hope in vain, re use sheds  were closed due to a light sprinkling of rain, please dump your re usable swag into skip 3, 

DC recycle Kings ? my arse, it was far better when the Murtagh's ran it

The re-use sheds seem to be closed more than they are open. It's a bit drizzly, or a bit breezy, or a bit chilly, or a bit warm.

And when they are open, their rules are daft. My neighbour had to throw a perfectly good child's bed into the skip as it "wasn't allowed" to be given for free to a new home because of "safety".

Promoting recycling my arse.

And I still think that shipping plastic to God-knows-where to be recycled creates more emissions than just tipping it into the EFW plant. At least glass stays on island, and the EFW would prefer not to have to scrape molten metal out of the bottom of the furnace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

The re-use sheds seem to be closed more than they are open. It's a bit drizzly, or a bit breezy, or a bit chilly, or a bit warm.

And when they are open, their rules are daft. My neighbour had to throw a perfectly good child's bed into the skip as it "wasn't allowed" to be given for free to a new home because of "safety".

Promoting recycling my arse.

And I still think that shipping plastic to God-knows-where to be recycled creates more emissions than just tipping it into the EFW plant. At least glass stays on island, and the EFW would prefer not to have to scrape molten metal out of the bottom of the furnace.

Carbon footprint after one-time use is something that is not fully recognised. Incinerating plastics (especially) takes it out of the carbon chain once and for all. The problem is getting both consumers and manufacturers/producers to reduce  consumption of plastics as packaging.

Sounds like even more lies to be honest. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/residents-abusive-to-bin-staff-following-more-to-fortnightly-collections-583834

“The local authority accepts that the behaviour ‘stems from some of those unhappy with the move to fortnightly bin collections”

So more apparent made up, unsubstantiated rubbish. Is she now suggesting people unhappy are deliberately driving to the tip to abuse people there? It’s laughable. She needs to be made to back up all the nonsense that comes out of her mouth. 

And to end the very sinister 

“your words and actions may have consequences.”

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BriT said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/residents-abusive-to-bin-staff-following-more-to-fortnightly-collections-583834

“The local authority accepts that the behaviour ‘stems from some of those unhappy with the move to fortnightly bin collections”

So more apparent made up, unsubstantiated rubbish. Is she suggesting people unhappy are deliberately driving to the tip to abuse people there? It’s laughable. 

And the very sinister 

They're taking this PR machine a bit far.

This thread is aptly titled, DBC is inherently useless and this thread is destined for a long and successful future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Whilst openly admitting in recent years that the system based on property rental values from the 1970s is no longer fit for purpose.

Yet there is still this reluctance to tackle the matter (apart from getting the population centres aerially photographed recently).

Which suggests that devising and implementing a fairer system might be a) less lucrative and/or b) politically unacceptable to a few who find the current set-up "favourable".

Our MHKs lack the nerve to tackle real systemic problems preferring to spend their time discussing road crossings and scoreboards etc.

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

They're taking this PR machine a bit far.

This thread is aptly titled, DBC is inherently useless and this thread is destined for a long and successful future.

I agree. To be honest it basically reads now like a local authority bullying people who don’t agree with them. How can she possibly claim it’s people who disagree with her who are then abusing people at the tip. It’s literally ridiculous. In fact they’re preposterous lies. 

Edited by BriT

6 minutes ago, BriT said:

I agree. To be honest it basically reads now like a local authority bullying people who don’t agree with the. How can she possibly claim it’s people who disagree with her who are then abusing people at the tip. It’s literally ridiculous. In fact they’re preposterous lies. 

Careful, or you'll soon find yourself banned and called a maniac.

14 minutes ago, BriT said:

So more apparent made up, unsubstantiated rubbish. Is she now suggesting people unhappy are deliberately driving to the tip to abuse people there? It’s laughable. She needs to be made to back up all the nonsense that comes out of her mouth. 

And to end the very sinister 

OMG that’s staggeringly aggressive and fanciful. Everyone who hates recycling is driving to the civil amenity site and starting fights according to a clearly delusional Councillor. She should probably think about her own job at some stage she actually sounds likes she’s becoming a bit detached from reality in her will to impose her will on people. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

OMG that’s staggeringly aggressive and fanciful. Everyone who hates recycling is driving to the civil amenity site and starting fights according to a clearly delusional Councillor. She should probably think about her own job at some stage she actually sounds likes she’s becoming a bit detached from reality in her will to impose her will on people. 

"Given abuse to awards our staff, we're faced with a shortage of staff in the refuse collection team and are therefore moving to monthly collections for the remainder of the winter." - I'm joking, obviously.

• Haha 1