More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 minute ago, finlo said:

They do if you don't tell them!

And that is a fine example of lack of civic responsibility - they would rather haul their arses to the amenity site and dump stuff because they can get away with it, than do a bit of rubbish sorting at home.  

Have the same people raised their issues with DBC to find a solution? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No.
Certainly not as far as I know. Never been invited to have any sort of kerbside box and certainly never seen any on the kerbside.

But it all seems  to work OK. 

Presumably you can use that private recycling collection service, if you felt inclined?  Not sure of the cost but I know some people who use it outside of Douglas. 

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Presumably you can use that private recycling collection service, if you felt inclined?  Not sure of the cost but I know some people who use it outside of Douglas. 

Well when I take my rubbish to the civic amenity site I put it in the appropriate receptacle. They have them for glass, cans, metals, garden rubbish, burnable materials etc. They even have a recycle shed where you can put items you no longer use for people to re use. 
It’s not like you tip everything into one big container. It’s recycling at its purist and it’s ace.

No real need for a private recycling collection service. Why pay people to do what you are doing yourself?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last para
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well when I take my rubbish to the civic amenity site I put it in the appropriate receptacle. They have them for glass, cans, metals, garden rubbish, burnable materials etc. They even have a recycle shed where you can put items you no longer use for people to re use. 
It’s not like you tip everything into one big container. It’s recycling at its purist and it’s ace.

No real need for a private recycling collection service. Why pay people to do what you are doing yourself?

Yes, I agree and did the same when I lived in a part of Douglas that didn't haven't kerb side recycling.  

I suppose my point was that there is a private collection service, but it costs. 

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Because not everyone has the time or means to transport tons of rubbish to the tip on their own. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Yes, I agree and did the same when I lived in a part of Douglas that didn't haven't kerb side recycling.  

I suppose my point was that there is a private collection service, but it costs. 

I’ve not heard of one in Ramsey ( possibly there may be) but if you are able to transport your rubbish to the amenity site yourself and segregate it appropriately there is no real need. And it makes for a bit of a trip out.

Just another advantage of living in the jewel of the North!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Because not everyone has the time or means to transport tons of rubbish to the tip on their own. 

Yes agreed if you haven’t got the time or means to transport “ tons” of rubbish to the tip you may have to employ someone to do it. 
Just the same for most things in life. If you haven’t got the wherewithal to do something yourself you may have to pay someone to do it for you.

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

So  they talk to DBC and get advice on how to deal with their rubbish for collection, including getting a suitable number or size of bins for both.  

Just now, BriT said:

Brilliant so people come up with a solution to their council inflicted rubbish problem and they then remove rubbish bins in order to stop people of disposing of .. rubbish. 

I saw someone get out of car at top of port e chee avenue & put 2 bin bags of rubbish in bin there which was then full, not sure if that’s been removed 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I saw someone get out of car at top of port e chee avenue & put 2 bin bags of rubbish in bin there which was then full, not sure if that’s been removed 

What’s the guessing that next they have a litter problem in Douglas as nobody can put litter in litter bins anyone as they’ve all gone? These people just look like absolute clowns. I mean it’s embarrassing. The Douglas residents now seem to be living in a communist state where the party must be obeyed at all costs! 

• Thanks 1

This is all to do with waste being so accountable now by weight due to the incinerator costs, particularly if what's being put in the litter bins happens to be low-scale commercial waste that's normally chargeable by weight on collection, DBC then have to bear the cost to get rid of it rather than billing the producer.