More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

If it's properly bagged, what's the problem -oh it's you and the vocal minority. It's working in various parts of the UK so why shouldn't it work here?

It works in the UK because compostable waste is collected weekly. Food waste in biodegradable bags provided free, gratis and for nothing by the council that fit in waste "caddies" provided free, gratis and for nothing etc etc.

10 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

I see even Devon is distancing himself from this step . Time for the Douglas folk to build a big bonfire and chuck all our excess rubbish on it . As for the above the moment he said to change peoples behaviours is the moment I stop making any effort in recycling , encouraging recycling is a great idea , forcing it will have adverse effect and no I won't stop buying the foods I like to make less rubbish . They are for the most part unelected , and took the chance to dictate green to people . For me it's War now , and I'll purposely do the opposite to their demands . 

As for the list of councillors who voted for the removal of waste bins , that will be the end of their short lived political careers at the next election . Even Devon has clearly realised that . Enjoy it whilst you can Frank and friends . Next waste bags going outside Falk's front door .

4 out of 355 public bins have been temporarily removed. Seems that has happened before when commercial outlets misused them, so not really a new thing. Appreciate how it looks though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Time for the Douglas folk to build a big bonfire and chuck all our excess rubbish on it .

That's what the incinerator is for! 

What some haven't realised is that as the incinerator volumes fall less energy will be produced which in turn means that they'll have to keep injecting fuel oil to keep it alight. The incinerator was designed to create energy but some clods can't or won't see that.

What's wrong with these people?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That's what the incinerator is for! 

What some haven't realised is that as the incinerator volumes fall less energy will be produced which in turn means that they'll have to keep injecting fuel oil to keep it alight. The incinerator was designed to create energy but some clods can't or won't see that.

What's wrong with these people?

Its called working in a silo. Autonomously, with no interest in the bigger picture. 

6 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the list and dates bins will be collected in Douglas. Been away for a month and lost track of dates and cant find it through google. Appreciate if someone can thanks.

That's a bit amusing. I made a search (just for fun) and found that the Corp. website says:

"For collection schedules please see 'Contact Details' opposite."

Where the Contact Details gives you a phone number to ring - but not at this time of night.

Welcome to the Digital Isle of Man.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the list and dates bins will be collected in Douglas. Been away for a month and lost track of dates and cant find it through google. Appreciate if someone can thanks. 

You can find it on here https://www.recyclenow.im/ but not on the actual DBC site, BECAUSE.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It's working in various parts of the UK so why shouldn't it work here?

It's not working in the UK, though.

I had it where I was living in the UK, before I moved here, and it was horrible. It'll be equally horrible here.

I'm against it simply because I've lived with it before and it was nasty.

ETA: where I lived before also had proper recycling wheelie bins, paper/plastic/tin in the bin and a caddy for glass. Batteries and fabric could be left in a bag in the caddy too. And, despite doing it properly, it was still disgusting opening the normal bin with two-week-old waste nicely stewing in the bottom.

Edited by Ringy Rose

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Teething problems, sure, but those who need assistance are receiving it and a few people left their details on the night so this can happen.

Well, not really. I called for assistance as although I'm not concerned about two week collections personally, I am disabled and concerned about missing one for one reason or another, and ending up with a months rubbish festering. I was told that they would send a form in the post, even though I was happy to have one emailed. It didn't arrive but I found it on the Council website. I now have a six week wait to get it signed and stamped by my doctor. This, because Council workers will not collect from the rear of my house, which they used to do, as it's an unadopted lane, but they will if I have a red bin lid!!   

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Well, not really. I called for assistance as although I'm not concerned about two week collections personally, I am disabled and concerned about missing one for one reason or another, and ending up with a months rubbish festering. I was told that they would send a form in the post, even though I was happy to have one emailed. It didn't arrive but I found it on the Council website. I now have a six week wait to get it signed and stamped by my doctor. This, because Council workers will not collect from the rear of my house, which they used to do, as it's an unadopted lane, but they will if I have a red bin lid!!   

You should have fibbed and said you were called John Wright. Amadeus would have got it sorted straight away. 

• Haha 2