More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Just heard on the radio, DBC doing away with hanging baskets in residential areas because apparently residents complain about noise of watering them???

If true.... note how all these cutbacks (because that's what they are) are blamed on residents.

One might wonder how many complaints they actually received...?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Just heard on the radio, DBC doing away with hanging baskets in residential areas because apparently residents complain about noise of watering them???

It’s in the public agenda: 

http://douglas.gov.im/index.php/component/docman/doc_download/903-agenda-for-council-meeting-held-14th-december-2022?Itemid=

F07627A5-A7A9-44C4-A008-687A56F16051.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If true.... note how all these cutbacks (because that's what they are) are blamed on residents.

One might wonder how many complaints they actually received...?

One might more profitably ponder why only one residential street had hanging baskets and explore which councillors and mayors lived there historically. It was an anomaly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

How much noise is really generated from watering flowers..?

I've heard some piss poor excuses in my day and that one is right up there.

It should be pointed out that there are already enough miserable bastards in the world without adding to them...

Presumably the DBC costings are in the public domain that led to the decision?

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I've heard some piss poor excuses in my day and that one is right up there.

It should be pointed out that there are already enough miserable bastards in the world without adding to them...

Presumably the DBC costings are in the public domain that led to the decision?

I can only think of one reason why only that one residential street in Douglas had hanging baskets. 

It was an anomaly. It should never have happened.  Why they needed the watering excuse to stop it I’ll never know.

I can think of at least 3 councillors/mayors/mayoresses who’ve lived on that one street.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I can only think of one reason why only that one residential street in Douglas had hanging baskets. 

It was an anomaly. It should never have happened.  Why they needed the watering excuse to stop it I’ll never know.

I can think of at least 3 councillors/mayors/mayoresses who’ve lived on that one street.

Are you suggesting that DBC would be corrupt to the extent of favouring its own people in such a way?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Are you suggesting that DBC would be corrupt to the extent of favouring its own people in such a way?

Have you an explanation why only one residential street had hanging baskets, and that it just happened to be that one.

Im not suggesting corruption. 

Im suggesting it was an anomaly and that it’s tidying up the anomaly rather than penny pinching, grinch like behaviour by DBC.

I just wish posters would read what others have posted and look for the facts and ask the real questions, instead of moaning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m on that committee and the complaints were apparently due to the vehicles that carry the water. It also costs time and money. No idea how many residential streets actually had baskets but I can check. There are over 600 in public places. 

• Confused 1