More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 hours ago, paswt said:

I would be interested to see the evidence for your allegation .

Edwin Chadwick's report resulted in the 1845 Public Health Act leading on to the 1875 PH Act ( and the 1936 Act)which amongst other requirements dealt with the provision of dustbins and the cleansing and scavenging of land etc , the reason for weekly collections of dustbins was based on the lifecycle of the house fly.  LA's also had powers to deal with accumulations  of refuse (either offensive or providing harbourage for 'pests'  eg rodents ) . 

I would venture to suggest that if refuse is allowed to accumulate then the rodent problem will get even worse.

I do not dispute your claim that you have no idea when your dustbin is emptied .

just saying:flowers: 

You know those gulls everyone loves to hate?  Well they keep the longtail population well under control so little danger of it becoming a major problem anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

You don’t think there is anyway that the anti progress people had a few family members and friends in there at all?

There’s trolling and then there’s just making yourself look stupid to perpetuate active trolling. It would be a clear conflict of interest to have a close family member make direct statements to the likes of the BBC on behalf of their ‘family’ if their family basically consisted of the CEO of the organization that you were making positive press statements for. And you didn’t openly declare that fact before making those statements. 

Edited by Reportage

2 hours ago, Reportage said:

Here’s the quote to the BBC from Mr Rice the council CEOs son saying how great he and his family (eg Mrs Rice) thought the DBC changes were. What a ringer. So sad when public officials try to dupe the public like this. 

D49F07C2-ED6E-475E-B58B-F7FED194BF89.jpeg

You’re making lots of assumptions and leaps of logic. He’s 50, 51 on Xmas day in fact. Given local government retirement age it’s unlikely that the Town Clerk/CEO is his mummy. Seems to have a long green, liberal, environmental campaigning history.

Do you actually know if Kath and he are related?

Mind you, I don’t understand the quote that his family was pleased to recycle more. Anyone could recycle more before the bin collection went fortnightly. Presumably, with his credentials, he was already. 

Seems to have been here since at least 2002 ( on electoral roll ) and the lady in his household seems to be called Carol ( 192.com ).

There have been other household members, Daniel, Nicole. But no Kathleen. Didn’t Kath only arrive in 2008? Via Coventry and Dorset? Whereas his Rices seem to be Liverpool/Widnes?

Edited by John Wright
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Yes, I think so. From the comments here, he was not there as a "member of the audience", but was there to promote the interests of DBC.

How about the audience of a BBC tv political debate, where one party has seeded the audience with supporters?

Or any politcal rally where the "protestors" have been infiltrated with activists in one sense or other?

There is no difference here.

I think, Glad, you are looking at  this from the legal requirements of a business meeting where there is probably a written requirement to state conflicts.

Optically, I agree it wouldn't look good, but there is nothing to say he can't speak regardless of any conflict, if there was a conflict, of course.  

I am more interested if anyone gave a cogent and reasoned argument as to why they could not reduce their waste, not that they wouldn't or that they had raised the issue with DBC with no satisfactory outcome. 

We have been through all the arguments on here, and each one has been answered.  John is the only person to say they have been in contact with DBC because they want more bin space, and they have provided it, but not the assistance in returning the bin.   No one else has said they have been on to DBC, raised a problem and not had the problem addressed.  If people haven't engaged with DBC, but have taken to shouting about it, then what is to be done? 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BriT said:

So husband you reckon? That would be worse. 

Look at the rest of my post.

And that Reportage is making things up and throwing wild accusations around ( of the 2+2=5 variety). That would be worse.

Edited by John Wright
  • Like 2

Just now, Reportage said:

IF you declared an interest in advance.

But it was an opinion meeting not a decision meeting.  There is no requirement for the audience to declare their interests, IF there was a family connection. 

Tell us, Reportage, have you raised your concerns directly with DBC?  What were they and what was the outcome? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1