More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

8 hours ago, Reportage said:

We will have a more detailed account of Monday’s meeting later on today … only we won’t because we’ve been got at.

That does seem odd. Maybe they have been ‘got at’ as it does appear that they promised another report on Monday which hasn’t transpired. I wonder if Claire Wells has had a go at them? I was talking to someone who was there who said they wouldn’t be surprised if Wells had walked out as she was clearly taking it all as some sort of personal vendetta against her rather than accepting that people didn’t agree with her. Perhaps she’s claimed victimhood to the press so that they didn’t report the full extent of things which I believe were very feisty indeed. 

13 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

That does seem odd. Maybe they have been ‘got at’ as it does appear that they promised another report on Monday which hasn’t transpired. I wonder if Claire Wells has had a go at them? I was talking to someone who was there who said they wouldn’t be surprised if Wells had walked out as she was clearly taking it all as some sort of personal vendetta against her rather than accepting that people didn’t agree with her. Perhaps she’s claimed victimhood to the press so that they didn’t report the full extent of things which I believe were very feisty indeed. 

There’s full videos of the meetings available on various sites including Ashford & Christian Facebook sites so do we need more reports!

22 minutes ago, Reportage said:

You’re correct. They won’t report the true dialogue to save Claire Wells’ embarrassment for coming across as a deranged harridan who has a humongous power complex when it comes to her little empire being challenged. She was so dismissive of anyones views that she would have been better not attending the event at all rather than attending with a disgustingly dismissive attitude that was just insulting to anyone who had made the effort it turn up. Watching the 5 council members (plus the CEOs family stooge) being the only people to vote in support of their own actions at the end was the clear highlight of the night. It just showed what a delusional and detached from reality council Douglas has. Wells should resign. She has no public mandate as nobody voted for her anyway. She’s in there by default having achieved the sum total of zero votes from the people in her ward. She even lives in Braddan and clearly has no understanding of what it’s like to live in central Douglas. 

I am not a council member and I voted in favour of the changes being kept. 

Nobody is this passionate about bins, theres no massive conspiracy to shut people up, nobody will resign over it 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Reportage said:

You’re correct. They won’t report the true dialogue to save Claire Wells’ embarrassment for coming across as a deranged harridan who has a humongous power complex when it comes to her little empire being challenged. She was so dismissive of anyones views that she would have been better not attending the event at all rather than attending with a disgustingly dismissive attitude that was just insulting to anyone who had made the effort it turn up. Watching the 5 council members (plus the CEOs family stooge) being the only people to vote in support of their own actions at the end was the clear highlight of the night. It just showed what a delusional and detached from reality council Douglas has. Wells should resign. She has no public mandate as nobody voted for her anyway. She’s in there by default having achieved the sum total of zero votes from the people in her ward. She even lives in Braddan and clearly has no understanding of what it’s like to live in central Douglas. 

The whole meeting was recorded on video and is widely available. She lives in Douglas, a fact anyone can check on the council website. I recommend you tone it down a bit if you want anyone to take your arguments seriously. 

And if you don't like her or me or anyone else in council, feel free to stand and run against us next time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Reportage said:

There’s only one deranged harridan and that’s you, posting on here with your humongous Napoleon power complex. Little man who’s temporarily in the ( self made ) spot light and who’s only arguments are ad hominem personal attacks on council officials and councillors.

And then you get it wrong. N Rice has no link that you can demonstrate to K Rice. Repeating it doesn’t make it so.

C Wells does live in Douglas. Saying she lives in Braddan, and repeating it, does not make it so.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Reportage said:

Here’s some personal advice John. Why don’t you fuck off. Perhaps you and the other failed moderators of this dreary forum could change the forum title to “Douglas Town Council” forums where only positive news supporting the forum administrators is allowed? 

You need to tone it down a bit mate. Maybe have a read around the place before slagging it off. 

I'm not irate about it. I have one bin. I live alone and my one bin will comfortably manage more than a two week empty. When I get back on the Island though I will be fitting the lock I got off Ebay and thats me sorted from the leeches who insist on putting their rubbish in my bin . If they dump it outside any bins DTC will have to call and lift it or its going to get really messy.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Reportage said:

Here’s some personal advice John. Why don’t you fuck off. Perhaps you and the other failed moderators of this dreary forum could change the forum title to “Douglas Town Council” forums where only positive news supporting the forum administrators is allowed? 

on a topic that basically rips DBC to shreds, you post this bit of nonsense... outstanding

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Passing Time said:
1 hour ago, Reportage said:

on a topic that basically rips DBC to shreds, you post this bit of nonsense... outstanding

He’s on a roll - you don’t let the facts get in the way of the “flowing rhetoric”…

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Reportage said:

Here’s the quote to the BBC from Mr Rice the council CEOs son saying how great he and his family (eg Mrs Rice) thought the DBC changes were. What a ringer. So sad when public officials try to dupe the public like this. 

D49F07C2-ED6E-475E-B58B-F7FED194BF89.jpeg

I have checked this with the chief in person just now and this is not true. She does not have any relatives on island and this gentleman is not related to her. You need to apologise and tone it down.