More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

6 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Pull the other one it’s got bells on. So a poster posted something you didn’t like concerning a council you sit on and not content with just suggesting a ban you went and made sure that everything they’d posted was completely deleted from the forum and made someone else do your dirty work for you. You really are a social media tyrant who can’t stand any form of criticism. 

Thanks Reportage for your valued input...

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Pull the other one it’s got bells on. So a poster posted something you didn’t like concerning a council you sit on and not content with just suggesting a ban you went and made sure that everything they’d posted was completely deleted from the forum and made someone else do your dirty work for you. You really are a social media tyrant who can’t stand any form of criticism. 

Nothing wrong with posting about the council. But being personal and offensive, that's not allowed. If you don't like the rules everyone is free to go elsewhere.  You sign up to the rules. You have a choice. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Were there any DOI bods (responsible for the incinerator) at the meeting?  

I don't think so.

Think the corpy lawyer was there. Amongst the questions were a couple of important legal questions, one asked by Dominic Delaney about setting rates and then changing service levels and another asking if they realised (under the law) that the DoI could take it all over if they deemed it wasn't being done properly.

I was there...as a 'protester'.

21 minutes ago, BriT said:

I think the only person who was there has now been banned so you may be waiting a while for confirmation. 

21 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I don't think so.

Think the corpy lawyer was there. Amongst the questions were a couple of important legal questions, one asked by Dominic Delaney about setting rates and then changing service levels and another asking if they realised (under the law) that the DoI could take it all over if they deemed it wasn't being done properly.

I was there...as a 'protester'.

Thought so. They'll be keeping a low profile as this is partly of their making.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I would. Viewing crackpot posts is a major attraction of Manx Forums.

There were some nasty ones reported by several people and acted on fairly quickly (you may not have seen all of them). He was first warned, reacted badly, then banned. These were totally out of order.

And no...not just because some were aimed at baiting John Wright. Though all too many people don't realise for just how many years he's been protecting this forum and many of us from some spectacularly potential litigeous threats - often using his legal knowledge to push back on. Even if some of those threats might have turned out to be invalid, that wouldn't have stopped one or two ending up in court to prove it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2