More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

12 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Aforementioned PR company are employed by DBC to manage the press about bins - first one is 50% reduction in reported rat sightings on Manx Radio website page 1 of the Jamie / James Davis text book 

Employed to deal with the fallout from this one single issue not as part of an ongoing contract?

Just now, C Montgomery Burns said:

You’re such a an unbelievable liar. I’m sure many people on this forum are glad that you aren’t moderating any more as basically you’re just living out some fantasy as a failed lawyer trying to prove you’re still relevant. It’s just a shame that they’ve passed your baton Albert Tatlock. An even worse incompetent barrack room lawyer who has managed to make himself look like a total clown within 10 minutes of being handed his forum apron. 

Funny how everyone you don't like on here are liars or other things yet you stick around like gum to a shoe. Do you need the anger to fill your otherwise empty life? Posters like you really confuse me sometimes. So much rage and anger at everything. 

• Like 1

Well noted the general level of lies and deceitfulness by Douglas council is incredible. They’re using ratepayers money to target content aimed at discrediting at ratepayers who disagree with them. Any coincidence that was scheduled to be released immediately after the Monday meeting where vermin was mentioned? Here you have a council actively acting against the people who are actually funding it. 

The reality is we are only ever so many feet from a rat.  I can't remember the exact statistic.  They are everywhere, in the sewers, in hedgerows and, yes, gardens and back yards.  They live amongst us.  But they will not proliferate because of a change to fortnightly collections, they will proliferate if people leave organic waste easily accessible to them. 

So, organise your waste to prevent it being accessible.  Like you always should have been doing.  Perhaps the vermin know already where to dine? 

• Like 3

There is only one person who lives their life posting angry shit on social media and that’s you. Do you ever analyze your own social media activity before critiquing others? The fact DBC are buying off local media to attack your own ratepayers with targeted content just shows how desperate you are to hang on to your shitty unpaid job as you think it will be the passport to Tynwald in 3 years time. The lot of you have been exposed for the absolute egotistical frauds you are. 

Let me ask you again: Do you need the anger to fill your otherwise empty life? 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The reality is we are only ever so many feet from a rat.  I can't remember the exact statistic.  They are everywhere, in the sewers, in hedgerows and, yes, gardens and back yards.  They live amongst us.  But they will not proliferate because of a change to fortnightly collections, they will proliferate if people leave organic waste easily accessible to them. 

So, organise your waste to prevent it being accessible.  Like you always should have been doing.  Perhaps the vermin know already where to dine? 

I saw some outside here way before the bin changes. Turns out they like bird food and climbed the feeder to help themselves. Switched to a different feeder layout and not seen any since but they are probably still around somewhere. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

There is only one person who lives their life posting angry shit on social media and that’s you. Do you ever analyze your own social media activity before critiquing others?

Amazing you posted this without dying of acute irony.

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Not just this issue. 

Now you confirm this how much do DBC pay for professional PR - and should anything released by the paid for PR funded by rate payers to deflect the issue carry a caveat for clarity ? Eg This is a paid for press release to delude Douglas Ratepayers paid for by the Douglas Ratepayers

Just now, Amadeus said:

I saw some outside here way before the bin changes. Turns out they like bird food and climbed the feeder to help themselves. Switched to a different feeder layout and not seen any since but they are probably still around somewhere. 

Had exactly the same problem.  Unfortunately, the reconfigured feeders aren't as attractive to the birds.  But they will be feeding on the dropped bird food, you can get sure of that. 

I will get a panning for this, but I enjoyed watching them tackle the feeders in the old layout right at the end of the garden.  They are opportunists and very adept.  Would prefer for them not to be in the house, though, of course.  The cats sort that out. 

But, just because they used the opportunity of a visible bird feeder (because that is, partly, why we do it) does not mean they would not be there otherwise, just not visible. 

2 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

No irony needed Devon. You must be the sad bastard who wails the most right across local social media. Most of Douglas must be laughing behind your back at what a pathetic whiney little cunt you are. 

I've been posting on this forum since long before Devon was even out of school in South Africa. You are tragic.

• Like 3

So, all the posts got accidentally nuked when Reportage was banned. It's an option designed for spammers and poor old Albert must have forgotten his glasses and hit the wrong button. There's no way I can see to batch-unhide the posts, meaning I would have to do it manually one by one. I'd love to but there's a really thrilling documentary about the socio-economic impact of ancient astronauts from the Sirius star-system on the inhabitants of hollow earth based on the Einstein–Cartan–Evans theory on telly, so.... 

• Haha 2