More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 minute ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

No irony needed Devon. You must be the sad bastard who wails the most right across local social media. Most of Douglas must be laughing behind your back at what a pathetic whiney little cunt you are. 

I think you need to calm down a little...and watch that blood pressure.

Do you know how offensive the 'c' word is to women especially? Most blokes that have never had much of a sex life don't tend to realise that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Aforementioned PR company are employed by DBC to manage the press about bins - first one is 50% reduction in reported rat sightings on Manx Radio website page 1 of the Jamie / James Davis text book 

Here's the actual Manx radio piece.  Whether it was inspired by James Davies and/or Isle of Man Advertising and PR, I don't know, but it was actually issued by DEFA (the subhead is "DEFA says pest control calls for outside areas have dropped"), so presumably you didn't do anything more than read the (inaccurate) headline and then get angry and start issuing denunciations.  Which seems standard for this topic.

8 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Now you confirm this how much do DBC pay for professional PR - and should anything released by the paid for PR funded by rate payers to deflect the issue carry a caveat for clarity ? Eg This is a paid for press release to delude Douglas Ratepayers paid for by the Douglas Ratepayers

Are you referring to the mouse thing? That's DEFA, not DBC and I have no idea who they use or what they do for media stuff. https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/rodent-requests-in-capital-down-50-per-cent/ 

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So, all the posts got accidentally nuked when Reportage was banned. It's an option designed for spammers and poor old Albert must have forgotten his glasses and hit the wrong button. There's no way I can see to batch-unhide the posts, meaning I would have to do it manually one by one. I'd love to but there's a really thrilling documentary about the socio-economic impact of ancient astronauts from the Sirius star-system on the inhabitants of hollow earth based on the Einstein–Cartan–Evans theory on telly, so.... 

It looks like Monty Burns posts have disappeared now too. Are you going to rely on the same ridiculous excuse for that as well? 

Edited by BriT
Typo
  • Haha 1

Can I get this confirmed please,

DBC Councillor Schuengel is an MF Admin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Albert is a Moderator - 👊🏻

JW - former mod and legal advisor to the Forum is now not a mod but is on bail.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Better days have been had amongst us

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Paul fucking Bell come on John no wonder you live in 58 different countries
  • Haha 4

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Can I get this confirmed please,

DBC Councillor Schuengel is an MF Admin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Albert is a Moderator - 👊🏻

JW - former mod and legal advisor to the Forum is now not a mod but is on bail.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Been better days have been had amongst us

It also looks like this forum is now chalking up more disappeared than Argentina.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BriT said:

Well you say that and actually I went back up this thread to re check what all the fuss is about and it looks like all that posters posts have been deleted. Is that common practice when a poster is accused on posting rubbish? If it was rubbish why can it no longer be read by anyone except in other peoples replies? 

No idea what you mean sorry. I watched the YouTube along with around 900 others

6 minutes ago, BriT said:

It looks like Monty Burns posts have disappeared now too. Are you going to rely on the same ridiculous excuse for that as well? 

Funnily enough, yes. He pressed Flag as Spammer instead of Warn User, which is what we normally use to apply bans, etc. Clearly I need to revise the mod training manual, and by that I mean actually create one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, english zloty said:

No idea what you mean sorry. I watched the YouTube along with around 900 others

It was a post further back up. It seems that the main poster who was posting about Douglas Corporations abysmal performance at the Monday meeting has had all their posts deleted by the forum admins. It wasn’t in relation to the video clips.  

Just now, Amadeus said:

Funnily enough, yes. He pressed Flag as Spammer instead of Warn User, which is what we normally use to apply bans, etc. Clearly I need to revise the mod training manual, and by that I mean actually create one. 

Objectively you guys seem to be really digging yourselves a hole. What are you frightened of if a few posters seem to have an issue with Douglas Corporation? Deleting content is poor form and makes it look like you’re scared of what’s been said being read.