More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 minute ago, BriT said:

Objectively you guys seem to be really digging yourselves a hole. What are you frightened of if a few posters seem to have an issue with Douglas Corporation? Deleting content is poor form and makes it look like you’re scared of what’s been said being read. 

I think you missed the fundamental point that Amadeus and I are on totally opposite sides in this DBC debate.

I just used the wrong gun on Burnsy...should have just been the water pistol to cool him down.

AdorableInexperiencedIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BriT said:

Objectively you guys seem to be really digging yourselves a hole. What are you frightened of if a few posters seem to have an issue with Douglas Corporation? Deleting content is poor form and makes it look like you’re scared of what’s been said being read. 

What you may not know is that most of these accounts is/was one individual who was banned ages ago and has a history of coming back with new usernames and multiple personas to continue his abusive posting activity. We can see email addresses, IPs and other things behind the scenes to come to that conclusion.

I think you will see by looking through this and other threads that I do not delete content or ban people because they say unpleasant things about me or DBC. Time and time again am I on record as defending this place and saying it needs to exist as anonymous outlet even if it means people have a go at me over stuff. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I think you missed the fundamental point that Amadeus and I are on totally opposite sides in this DBC debate.

I just used the wrong gun on Burnsy...should have just been the water pistol to cool him down.

But seriously you must see how this looks. It’s embarrassing. You’re deleting comments off a forum you control that show DBC in a negative light. Banning posters is one thing but you’re literally actively deleting posts you don’t like. That’s editing which means you’re actively driving the forum content. It’s not a good look. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What you may not know is that most of these accounts is/was one individual who was banned ages ago and has a history of coming back with new usernames and multiple personas to continue his abusive posting activity. We can see email addresses, IPs and other things behind the scenes to come to that conclusion.

To be honest it’s only you claiming that and it sounds totally far fetched to me to be honest. You yourself could have multiple accounts on here and nobody would be any the wiser. What are you frightened off? Hardly any of the posts were offensive (not that I can see them now to check) that I could see. They were simply accusing the corporation of being arrogant and manipulating the event they put on to try to make themselves look good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BriT said:

But seriously you must see how this looks. It’s embarrassing. You’re deleting comments off a forum you control that show DBC in a negative light. Banning posters is one thing but you’re literally actively deleting posts you don’t like. That’s editing which means you’re actively driving the forum content. It’s not a good look. 

That was not the intention, honestly.

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

One might suggest this is a behaviour that often and possibly not here but “in certain circumstances” be called a “Cunts Trick”

• Like 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

That was not the intention, honestly.

It’s how it looks 100%, are you scared of letting posters have free speech to say that DBC aren’t very good when one of your moderators is clearly on DBC? I can’t recall many of the posts being offensive enough to be deleted to be honest. This really makes the forum admins look scared of negative feedback that pins to them or their mates. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BriT said:

Hardly any of the posts were offensive (not that I can see them now to check) that I could see. They were simply accusing the corporation of being arrogant and manipulating the event they put on to try to make themselves look good. 

That's not the case. Difference is that we get flagged when we get reported posts...unless you refresh all the time you can miss a lot of those posts.

6 members flagged posts....neither of whom were Amadeus or John W.

1 minute ago, BriT said:

To be honest it’s only you claiming that and it sounds totally far fetched to me to be honest. You yourself could have multiple accounts on here and nobody would be any the wiser. What are you frightened off? Hardly any of the posts were offensive (not that I can see them now to check) that I could see. They were simply accusing the corporation of being arrogant and manipulating the event they put on to try to make themselves look good. 

THEY were/are one individual who has been posting abuse on here for years. Ask others about newsnight/TJ/any of the other usernames. I don't have the patience to explain it again especially as you won't believe me anyway by the look of things. Let others tell you about this person. 

The posts by this individual should also be visible again now but the accounts are banned and future ones will be banned again too as the person is only here to post abuse and not a genuine user. Albert did hit the spam button by mistake which automatically hides all content by a user but I'm starting to think that might not actually be a bad move for future accounts created by this individual. Maybe it would finally discourage this behaviour for good. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

I claim it also. He's spot on about the multiples. 

Seems to me people are simply making stuff up to justify things that look very unseemly indeed. Deleting peoples posts just because they don’t like what’s being said about people they work with is censorship pure and simple. You wouldn’t even see that in Facebook or Twitter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s how it looks 100%, are you scared of letting posters have free speech to say that DBC aren’t very good when one of your moderators is clearly on DBC? I can’t recall many of the posts being offensive enough to be deleted to be honest. This really makes the forum admins look scared of negative feedback that pins to them or their mates. 

It was my action...and I am on the opposite side to Amadeus on this debate...even turning up at the meeting.

So...no.