More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

Don't believe all that Daffers spouts!

Variation of Light Energy with Month.jpg

What's that supposed to mean?

Why ask the question then ignore the answer. I have friends with solar powered homes, do you? I also have quotes for replacing my boiler with solar and will be doing so next year.

Ps Daphne talks a lot of sense and I fully support her.

You're taking crap on the other hand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

Finlo, not sure how you have not noticed, but the sun is still in the sky during the winter. Solar still provides energy in the winter for this reason.

Enough to replace a gas boiler?  Not a hope in hell, even in summer for most houses

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

You stated you do not see the issue with gas being used in corporation houses. I would say you are in the minority.

I agree with them.  What’s the alternative for hot water and heat in the 21st century that can be retrofitted to those house?

Also, why should people in houses that are already massively subsided get free energy and put even more burden on the hard working middle earners who are paying through the nose for rent/mortgage?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Manx gas has always been more expensive. Today and tomorrow is what matters now.

I see gas as the same as smoking. Light it up get a hit and like a puff of smoke it’s gone when turned off. Total waste of money. Money that not a lot of people have to waste. At least with a fire you had hot water and heating day and night. Bit of slack and it was in for the whole day.

obviously we can’t have that now to help the environment. But theres nothing wrong local boards asking tenants if they would rather help pay towards solar instead of gas.

maybe they should ask instead of just looking after the health of the wheels bin.

Have you seen the price of coal/wood recently?  It doesn’t sound like it.

Both will either be outlawed or become significantly more expensive in the next few years, despite being expensive anyway.

23 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

No it is not. They have solar in some of their housing stock. If it’s in one house it should be in them all. 

Absolute rubbish.  There is a lot to consider with solar that might make one house viable (as a supplement to the main power source) and one just up the road not viable at all.

Edited by Asthehills

2 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Can you answer these questions if you don’t mind as you know so much about who pays what and lives in social housing causing it to be subsided. 
have you asked how many get benefits and still waiting on waiting lists to see consultants due to illness .How many are waiting for mental health. How many are using the housing stock as their own business premises? I mean even David Christian was using a house in spring valley for years for his cleaning business. One member now has there own gardening business on a council house. So I think you need to look around a bit more before commenting . 
The  point is they have not asked what the tenants want . They however pointed them to Manx gas and charities how to pay Manx gas. What about how they look after the housing stock not Manx Gas . 

You tell me.  What do the tenants want?

Probably a cheap way to heat their homes and provide hot water?  

Guess what, so does everyone else

19 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I agree with them.  What’s the alternative for hot water and heat in the 21st century that can be retrofitted to those house?

Also, why should people in houses that are already massively subsided get free energy and put even more burden on the hard working middle earners who are paying through the nose for rent/mortgage?

Your second paragraph says everything anyone needs to know about you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Raffles said:

You stick with your boiler then and I'll stick with my free energy from solar 😂

Ok then, genuine questions.

Was solar part of a new build or retro fitted?

What is the surface area of your panels, and where are they sited?

Are you 100% solar year round for all heating, hot water and electric?

Edited by Asthehills

7 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Your second paragraph says everything anyone needs to know about you.

Really?  If those who are already being helped in lots of ways get free energy as well, then where is the incentive for my kids to work and earn say 30k a year to pay massive rent and bills and end up with much less disposable income than someone who doesn’t work?

When helping people you have to look at the knock on effect to everyone.  It would be very wrong to put more pressure on those low/middle earners who don’t receive any help to make those who earn less than then comparatively better off?

Don’t you agree? We should be helping everyone and at the moment it’s the ones just above the point at which the state helps them and the other normal working people who are getting hit hardest by mortgage/rent increases, energy increases and increases in fuel to get to and from work and childcare.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1