More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 hours ago, Tailless said:

And all this from an account created 3 hours ago?  Yet another ban coming soon I suspect.

And it looks like this account has been banned and posts again deleted. How can anyone take this forum seriously when it does seem to be actively removing content that’s negative towards one of its own administrators? 

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's the first month long cool-off...any more?

Yes you might as well ban me as well. Who wants to participate in any debate on a forum that’s threatening to ban people for expressing a view on a local council and bins FFS? All you seem to be doing is 100% proving that this forum has an issue with any possible criticism aimed at moderators of this forum. I joined up thinking that this was an open way to discuss Manx Politics but it clearly isn’t. It’s obviously been one man’s mouthpiece to throw a lot of shit around about other politicians but not himself. I don’t even live in Douglas but honestly this forum has become a laughing stock in the last week. I’m out. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

Yes you might as well ban me as well. Who wants to participate in any debate on a forum that’s threatening to ban people for expressing a view on a local council and bins FFS? All you seem to be doing is 100% proving that this forum has an issue with any possible criticism aimed at moderators of this forum. I joined up thinking that this was an open way to discuss Manx Politics but it clearly isn’t. It’s obviously been one man’s mouthpiece to throw a lot of shit around about other politicians but not himself. I don’t even live in Douglas but honestly this forum has become a laughing stock in the last week. I’m out. 

Yes, ban you too. You say you're out but you're another tosser with overblown self-regard who'll be back posting under a different title in an instant because you simply cannot stay away. 

• Like 9

Just now, quilp said:

Yes, ban you too. You say you're out but you're another tosser with overblown self-regard who'll be back posting under a different title in an instant because you simply cannot stay away. 

Problem with people with an overblown self-regard is that they think "why shouldn't I have an overblown self-regard, how very dare they".   They are incapable of self-criticism or self-moderation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, quilp said:

You really come across as a totally nasty piece of work. I’ve said all I want to say. This forum is clearly a joke. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, BriT said:

You really come across as a totally nasty piece of work. I’ve said all I want to say. This forum is clearly a joke. 

No offence. That's the second time you have said you are off but you are still here.

Why not just stay constructive and leave the emotions out of it. Say your piece and leave it. No need for constant anger and battles. Give Tatlock a chance to bed in.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Give Tatlock a chance to bed in.

I’ve just spent days making the forum wheelchair accessible for him, but I’m drawing the line at hiring a private nurse. Those are for admins only. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

How can anyone take this forum seriously

This forum is not serious is it? I get that maybe 20 years ago it might have done something useful in terms of being a place for anti-establishment discussion, before twitter and facebook groups took off. 

But it's now just a handful of ungrateful old english chuffs stuck in the past moaning and throwing insults in some sort of internet groundhog day much like Manx Radio lunchtime phone ins.  it's kind of funny though but no one takes it seriously.

The reason it appears to keep running is the political ambition of the moderators, so they can use it as a platform for self promotion and run smear campaigns against Michael Josem or whomever stands against a member of the 'Manx Forums Party' up for election.

Of course the problem with being an anti-establishment forum / political movement, is what happens when the Manx Forums Party actually succeeds by whatever means in getting it's candidates into the establishment. Then reality bites and it transpires they are just as bad, stupid, thoughtless as all those other manx politico's they have been slating for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

This forum is not serious is it? I get that maybe 20 years ago it might have done something useful in terms of being a place for anti-establishment discussion, before twitter and facebook groups took off. 

But it's now just a handful of ungrateful old english chuffs stuck in the past moaning and throwing insults in some sort of internet groundhog day much like Manx Radio lunchtime phone ins.  it's kind of funny though but no one takes it seriously.

The reason it appears to keep running is the political ambition of the moderators, so they can use it as a platform for self promotion and run smear campaigns against Michael Josem or whomever stands against a member of the 'Manx Forums Party' up for election.

Of course the problem with being an anti-establishment forum / political movement, is what happens when the Manx Forums Party actually succeeds by whatever means in getting it's candidates into the establishment. Then reality bites and it transpires they are just as bad, stupid, thoughtless as all those other manx politico's they have been slating for years. 

I know what I’m buying for your secret Santa. 

E558E702-A97F-40EC-8F07-983688E08754.jpeg

• Haha 5