More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 hours ago, Apple said:

From a multitude of assessment criteria and over a long period of time.

If someone insists they are a poached egg it does not require the application of assessment criteria over an extended period to deduce that they have a problem: diagnosis is a different matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

If someone insists they are a poached egg it does not require the application of assessment criteria over an extended period to deduce that they have a problem: diagnosis is a different matter.

Have you ever met anyone who identifies as a poached egg? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Ok thanks, but searching it, it still looks like their last post was 2015 which is 7 years ago. How long does it generally take for this forum to stop trying to discredit posters if 7 years is still fair game? 

Nevermind

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Roger Mexico said, "Only two people - one recent poster, one in the more distant past - have been discussed with respect to mental health problems, neither under their real names (which I, like most of us, don't know)."

I'm not having a go, but I have to ask, when you say, "like most of us", do you really mean "most" or are you being sloppy with your language? Or do you happen to know that while most of us don't know, some do?

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Rightly or wrongly, rates have always been a wealth ( or more accurately a property tax) . Other things have been tried haven't thmooey? Without success. 

No It has always been rates in the Isle of Man and no government has had the nerve to change it.

The whole thing is grossly unfair from rates to libraries and sports facilities to churchyards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viddy well said:

I'm not having a go, but I have to ask, when you say, "like most of us", do you really mean "most" or are you being sloppy with your language? Or do you happen to know that while most of us don't know, some do?

It seems to me the admins likely can’t back up much and are as complicit in any bullying or rumour spreading as anyone else commenting without having any real substance to anything they claim. 

1 hour ago, Moghrey Mie said:

No It has always been rates in the Isle of Man and no government has had the nerve to change it.

The whole thing is grossly unfair from rates to libraries and sports facilities to churchyards.

Yes. Correct. I was reffering to the tory attempt to introduce the poll tax in England. The rate system is common in many jurisdictions around the globe. 

2 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Whilst openly admitting in recent years that the system based on property rental values from the 1970s is no longer fit for purpose.

Yet there is still this reluctance to tackle the matter (apart from getting the population centres aerially photographed recently).

Which suggests that devising and implementing a fairer system might be a) less lucrative and/or b) politically unacceptable to a few who find the current set-up "favourable".

• Thanks 1

Looks like other councils are taking a similar approach to DBC in suggesting that people who don’t agree with them are mad. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-64001776

“I'm not a lizard, I'm not a person from another planet who is trying to take over people's lives." No you’re just a council member that wants to charge people £70 for driving between different zones in a town on week days (ie, for having a life). 

“It's an organised sort of group of climate change deniers” says another local authority dead-head shocked that people who pay her wages could have such a legitimate issue with having their movements curtailed. 

“The people who are spreading this misinformation will continue to do so," said a chinless wonder urging caution to other councils. 

"This is going to happen in other parts of the country, because I don't think we're going to be the only city that will make the decision to limit traffic."

Edited by BriT
Typo

16 hours ago, lowell thurber said:

Tip closed at 1pm all skips full

I was hoping to visit the amenity today with some goods for the recycle shed, what chance it will be open, I understand there has been "Issues" in the past with weather, surely these are resolved now?

1 hour ago, mollag said:

I was hoping to visit the amenity today with some goods for the recycle shed, what chance it will be open, I understand there has been "Issues" in the past with weather, surely these are resolved now?

if you're down ( or up as is the way here ) south forget it.