More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Apparently if you physically assault someone or (in some circumstances) verbally attack them, they've decided it's illegal. 

But you're assuming it’s actually happening. It would be nice if they could prove any of this is going on. Surely the bin men and tip workers have phones with cameras on them and there’s CCTV at the tip I think. So where is the evidence? 

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

There was clearly a ban handed out and an immediate threat made to all other posters above threatening a month long ban and the post didn’t look in the least abusive to me at all. 

No...people only got banned/suspended for being abusive.

Simples.

You may not have seen all the abusive posts...moderators get alerts.

The forum has been pretty much abuse free for the last week now.

There's a couple still bubbling with a little 'fume' and clearly biting their tongues for the moment...and in that I include you and the hills.

Make no mistake...any abuse and you're out of here...minimum a while. 😀

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

No...people only got banned/suspended for being abusive.

Simples.

I beg to disagree the post I replied to wasn’t abusive at all it suggested you were being a dictator for threatening to ban people for posting about bins. 

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

I beg to disagree the post I replied to wasn’t abusive at all it suggested you were being a dictator for threatening to ban people for posting about bins. 

Dude.  I have just been called out for abuse and I have no idea why?  Maybe it’s because I made a joke?

Anyway, I wouldn’t push your luck unless you have at least one backup account on standby 😂

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Asthehills said:

Dude.  I have just been called out for abuse and o have no idea why?  Maybe it’s because I made a joke?

Anyway, I wouldn’t push your luck unless you have at least on backup account on standby 😂

That gets back to my point on this newspaper article. You can’t say people are abusing anyone without having any evidence. I can’t see what that poster did other than suggest a moderator was being a bit dictatorial. That isn’t abuse. And I’d wager the bin men aren’t being ‘abused’ either despite this councillors claims. It’s simply a bullying technique to discredit people they know don’t agree with them.

Where is any evidence of ‘abuse’? The tip has CCTV so if it’s so bad it must be on camera surely? 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/residents-abusive-to-bin-staff-following-more-to-fortnightly-collections-583834

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BriT said:

And I’d wager the bin men aren’t being ‘abused’ either despite this councillors claims. 

That's not the case...I drink in the same pub as 3 of them (bin men)...and they are taking a lot of sh1t from Joe Public. So much so they wanted to say something at the meeting, but were worried about the consequences.

Not just worried about the consequences of complaining about the number of complaints, but the badly designed recycle wagons that you need to be 6ft tall to put anything into without wrecking your spine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's not the case...I drink in the same pub as 3 of them (bin men)...and they are taking a lot of sh1t from Joe Public. So much so they wanted to say something at the meeting, but were worried about the consequences.

Not just worried about the consequences of complaining about the number of complaints, but the badly designed recycle wagons that you need to be 6ft tall to put anything into without wrecking your spine.

The refuse guys should go out on strike because of the position the council have put them in. Demand a 30% pay rise. 

COUNCILLOR Watson is a fan of strikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, BriT said:

But you're assuming it’s actually happening. It would be nice if they could prove any of this is going on. Surely the bin men and tip workers have phones with cameras on them and there’s CCTV at the tip I think. So where is the evidence? 

Well of course any evidence might have been passed to the police, but publication of any such evidence would have genuine GDPR implication.  A corporate body like a council can't just behave like a teenager putting any old footage of other people on YouTube.

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

They aren’t bin men. They’re recycling operatives. How come no footage was emerged of any of these skirmishes? How come nobody has any phone or CCTV footage of any of these claims either? A few malcontents who drink in the Rovers is hardly any benchmark of anything. I’d say this lady needs to 100% back up her claims firstly that any abuse is happening and secondly that if anyone is being abusive they are the anti recycling people she claims they are. From where I’m sitting her claims are laughable.