More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

I don't know, I can imagine there are plenty of whoppers who will yell abuse at the binmen when they don't collect a second bin or don't pick up the six black bags piled next to a wheelie bin.

Do you really think anyone could be arsed? I don’t to be honest and they should call that woman to provide proof as I strongly doubt that it’s happening at all. If it was happening you’d have seen phone clips on Facebook by now. It sounds like she’s making it up to me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You mean like this? I'm moving on. It seems you really don't like this forum at all. 

No I simply don’t like people deciding what can or can’t be discussed and the constant accusations that anyone who doesn’t subscribe to anyone else’s view is in some way mental. 

6 hours ago, manxchester said:

At least it’s inspiring the creative artists of Douglas. Bit gutted Josem didn’t manage to get Amadeus’ name in though.

85B36071-0528-40A9-8769-FB03ECCC872D.jpeg

I asked an AI to write a weirdly libertarian poem about bin collections. It's better than the above.

The bins, they come and go

A man's right to choose, you know

No one should dictate what's thrown away

It's not the state's job to say

Your trash is your own, keep it secure

No one else should decide what you do with it, for sure

For liberty and freedom for all

The right to manage your own trash is a great call

We should all be able to choose

What we throw away, and when we do

No one should make the decision for you

What goes in the bin and what you'll do

It's a matter of choice and of autonomy

So keep your bins and your rubbish in liberty!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jarndyce said:
10 hours ago, BriT said:

I was referring to the poster who got a month ban just for suggesting a moderator was acting like a dictator in terms or what could and couldn’t be discussed. 

Who was that?

No response?   Presumably no evidence…

Edited by Jarndyce
Punctuation

5 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Well not the final word.

Is it really not time that Douglas Borough Council recognized the groundswell of public opinion against this reduction in the refuse collection service.

Its clearly not just a few malcontents protesting. 

The implications of this change are clear. Rubbish left out on the streets, Civil amenity sites having to close due to lack of capacity.

Post Christmas the countryside may be awash with Amazon cardboard parcels.

Can they not just  say “ sorry we got it wrong, we will revert back to the way it was”

And those who feel they only need fortnightly collections can do their bit by only putting their bins out only fortnightly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, manxchester said:

At least it’s inspiring the creative artists of Douglas. Bit gutted Josem didn’t manage to get Amadeus’ name in though.

85B36071-0528-40A9-8769-FB03ECCC872D.jpeg

When you're so lame and unimaginative, you have to get an AI chatbot to write your insults. Cringe. 

Just now, hissingsid said:

The DBC are reducing a service which ratepayers have already paid for this is the point in question.

Interesting point. Current years rates already paid for.

Maybe DBC should stop wasting money on as much as they do so they don't have to punish ratepayers for their overspend.

• Like 1