More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

It's very difficult to take these jokers seriously, they have a real problem brewing for themselves and fight it with arrogance and acts of silliness. I didn't attend the public meeting regarding bin collections but I was told that the arrogance and rudeness of the councilors was terrible? 

Well, it will be interesting come the next council elections, if anyone actually stands against them?

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's very difficult to take these jokers seriously, they have a real problem brewing for themselves and fight it with arrogance and acts of silliness. I didn't attend the public meeting regarding bin collections but I was told that the arrogance and rudeness of the councilors was terrible? 

Well, it will be interesting come the next council elections, if anyone actually stands against them?

There are multiple videos of it. I found both conducted themselves calmly and tried to explain things, as well as genuinely listened to concerns. Heck, the room even applauded Falk at one point. Gently, but still. The venue was filled with people against the measure, so you’ll never going to get reports back saying everyone loved it and was happy. 

The truth is that the scheme is working ok for most people. Teething problems, sure, but those who need assistance are receiving it and a few people left their details on the night so this can happen. It’s a big change but again: it’s already happening in many other places on the island and they don’t have a kerbside recycling scheme to help. So let’s not blow stuff out of proportion.

As for Christmas: the teams will accommodate side rubbish over the festive period to help with the increase in volume, as they have done every year. Please be nice to them. If you want to have a go at someone, talk to one of us instead. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Or maybe accept change and work with it as opposed to against it...

Having my family's shitty nappies in Falk's bin and not my bin seems a good compromise.

I don't fill my bin, not close, but the stuff I do bin isn't the stuff I want brewing in a wheelie bin for a fortnight.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The Dutch certainly don't mess around when they're unhappy with local authorities.

https://twitter.com/AwakeAggie/status/1542732808900198400?t=WASzO-7i5P92jZu8YGzuzQ&s=19

“There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.”

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Having my family's shitty nappies in Falk's bin and not my bin seems a good compromise.

I don't fill my bin, not close, but the stuff I do bin isn't the stuff I want brewing in a wheelie bin for a fortnight.

If it's properly bagged, what's the problem -oh it's you and the vocal minority. It's working in various parts of the UK so why shouldn't it work here?

• Thanks 1

I see even Devon is distancing himself from this step . Time for the Douglas folk to build a big bonfire and chuck all our excess rubbish on it . As for the above the moment he said to change peoples behaviours is the moment I stop making any effort in recycling , encouraging recycling is a great idea , forcing it will have adverse effect and no I won't stop buying the foods I like to make less rubbish . They are for the most part unelected , and took the chance to dictate green to people . For me it's War now , and I'll purposely do the opposite to their demands . 

As for the list of councillors who voted for the removal of waste bins , that will be the end of their short lived political careers at the next election . Even Devon has clearly realised that . Enjoy it whilst you can Frank and friends . Next waste bags going outside Falk's front door .

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gladys said:

So  they talk to DBC and get advice on how to deal with their rubbish for collection, including getting a suitable number or size of bins for both.  

This doesn't work like you make it sound . But if it was that easy then I think the drama would be far less. What they say and what they do round assessment is totally different so let's not pretend on here it's easy 

• Like 1