More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

8 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

What a great life you must lead picking all the shitty bits out of the cat litter to put in the bin and then standing in your wheelie bin getting shitty cat litter stuck to the soles of your shoes. 

If you appreciate living with animals then you have a basic responsibility to sometimes clean up after them.

The garbage issues are mostly all about people not wanting to take responsibility for how they live.

Edited by genericUserName
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, genericUserName said:

If you appreciate living with animals then you have a basic responsibility to sometimes clean up after them.

The garbage issue are mostly all about people not wanting to take responsibility for how they live.

It’s funny when you look back on your forum history. All you’ve largely commented on in the last month is bitcoin trading and Douglas Town bin policy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

And yet 2 collections a month works perfectly well elsewhere on the island. Why should people pay for more to support a minority who cannot adjust to that?

Well we still have weekly collections where I live  (elsewhere on the Island). It works very well.

We have seen the groundswell of opinion and the shitstorm that two collections a month in Douglas has created. Speaking to those I know who live in Douglas it is certainly not a minority that are opposed to it. Yes the majority may not express their views publicly or cause civil unrest ( because that’s the way people are) but Douglas people are not happy. It’s not a case of paying more because it’s always been thus ( at least in modern times). It’s a case of paying the same for an inferior service.

• Like 3

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well we still have weekly collections where I live  (elsewhere on the Island). It works very well.

We have seen the groundswell of opinion and the shitstorm that two collections a month in Douglas has created. Speaking to those I know who live in Douglas it is certainly not a minority that are opposed to it. Yes the majority may not express their views publicly or cause civil unrest ( because that’s the way people are) but Douglas people are not happy. It’s not a case of paying more because it’s always been thus ( at least in modern times). It’s a case of paying the same for an inferior service.

You make a very good case against an all island rate. 

15 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

The Corpy have said its going to save them £20,000. A quid for every person in Douglas.

They spunked more than that away in legal fees after losing that employment tribunal last year. I'd rather they kept weekly collections and got rid of the bullying senior manager who got ripped to shreds by the tribunal.

If this saving of £20k figure is accurate and the raison d’etre for the implementation of this policy then DBC are really not fit for purpose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If this saving of £20k figure is accurate and the raison d’etre for the implementation of this policy then DBC are really not fit for purpose.

I'd say it probably was about right, given that staff numbers have remained the same.

If they were halving the bin collection and getting rid of half the binmen I'd at least understand. But this is just stupid, unless they are intending on gradually getting rid of half the binmen by not replacing those who leave.

Edited by Ringy Rose

9 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

You seem quite angry. Not sure why. It’s just very unusual to see someone whose interests are so closely aligned with an actual Douglas Council member; bitcoin trading strategies and recycling / bins. 

Assuming you are talking about @Amadeus : you would see, if you read what I have written about Bitcoin that my view of Bitcoin vastly differs from his. At least I think it does - having read stuff he has written previously and shared. He leans much more strongly towards a maximalist position - or is certainly a hodler . Where as you will see that I am clearly not.

Your clear insinuation that we are somehow connected simply demonstrates your poor attention to detail.

Edited by genericUserName
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

How much have they spent on fireworks and other vanity projects?

20k is a tiny amount in the grand scheme of DBC grandstanding with budget.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Even though the efw plant is basically an incinerator that has a boiler and with a steam turbine bolted on

That has not turned or produced electricity in many a long year,neither have the air filters scrubbed any air. Why do you think they no longer collect air samples around Douglas, the readings are off the charts and would see any local orthoritie ie the gov putting public at risk. 

• Thanks 1